Author Topic: Adults only  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Ossie

Adults only
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »
Just been notified by Thomsons that the Mathraki Studios are now sold on adult only basis following a health and safety review.

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Adults only
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »
wow
that seems a shame,but hopefully the problem will be rectified over the winter months of closure,,

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
We were there 26th July and only a couple of families staying, all the children seemed to be over 12 years old except for one family with a 6 year old, but all the families seemed to be occupying two studios each, ie, one parent and one child or two teenagers in one and the parents in another.
We have also tried to book for next year but neither Thomsons or First Choice have them in their 1st edition brochures so I contacted Mathraki direct and Akti sent me an e-mail saying it will be November before they decide whether they will go back to direct booking or go with Thomsons again. So I guess we will just have to wait and see. The only worry is with all the smaller airlines folding will we be able to get a flight for when we want to go if they decide to go independent again. 
The love affair continues.

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »
It's a shame about Mathraki  Studios, we arrive there on Friday and I got the letter too from Thomson's regarding the Health and Safety review. Let's hope we can all get there if they do go independant again

Here's to Friday
Mary :)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 01:33:33 PM »
Just got back Friday from Mathraki the only thing i can think of in respect of an H&S issue is the low balustrade on the staircase to the 2nd and 3rd floors.
What does it say in the Email Mary anything specific ?
I do think they put families with young children on the ground floor we were in rooms 13 and 14 on the top floor and there definitely no kiddies on the top floor when we stayed .
Tony

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »
My daughter and I were there from 19th July till 2nd of August - couldn't see any problems with health and safety... But she's not 16 or under - I guess at 31 she's classified as an adult - still my little girl though!

Valnbill  -  must have been there at same time as you because I can remember a family with a little girl and an older sister.

Have been told by our local Thomson's Travel Agent that the brochure for Just, which Mathraki were featured in, will probably not be coming out until February....

Hope it's not removed from Thomsons - fantastic place - really felt at home there, not many places that I have ever said that about!!!

riggers

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:54:22 PM »
Just got back Friday from Mathraki the only thing i can think of in respect of an H&S issue is the low balustrade on the staircase to the 2nd and 3rd floors.

You are probably right Tony.....I noticed the Kaloudis has had their balustrades risen by about 6-8 inches this year and there was someone measuring up for the stair ones.

riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »
I have only one word. Pathetic. No, I've got two. The other one is C**p. How long will it be before the sea itself is regarded as a health hazard after a "risk assessment?" 

The whole lot is a joke. But sadly this ruins the livelihood of decent, honest people in Arillas. The Tour operators hate Arillas because it gives honest, safe and decent holidays for a fraction of the price (or profit) of their cash cows like Turkey. Thomson have had it in for Mathrki all year and I have commented on that frequently.

I am sick to death of this campaign to do us down, and sign up properies in Arillas to be used as patsies. Mathraki was "fully booked" whenever I enquired all through 2010. B******S!! HUMBUG!!

Phil

Booking.com