Author Topic: What do you want in 2011?  (Read 20620 times)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Re: What do you want in 2011?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »
They had one of the little trains both in Stalis Crete and Alykes in Zante and both were realy good especialy the Trainaki in Alykes as Spiros who ran the train Also had a Taverna up in Pigadaki where he did a Greek night the beauty of it you paid 25 Euros and was picked up by the train at 7pm taken to the Greek night on it and brought back to the doorstep of the apartments at around 12 midnight that included a 3 course meal as much vino as you could drink a live Greek music band and of course Greek dancers it was an absolutely fantastic night

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 08:46:01 PM »
Perhaps I should retire now and run a bus or a train in Arillas......got to be better than what I'm doing now.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2010, 09:07:18 PM »
There's some "mileage" in that Sandy luvver..... (Sorry folks, couldn't resist.)

Seriously though, it sounds idyllic to me. Spend your days ferrying folk around a place you love, earning some beer money, and just enjoying the summer in NW Corfu, meeting and chatting with all and sundry.

I'd need a relief driver for weekends though - when I actually spend that beer money in the Nut ...

Phil

Maggie

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »
Good idea Sandy!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 09:34:03 PM »
Perhaps we could job share Phil?
Sandy x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 09:43:03 PM »
excellent idea
you could go to niko,s,,and to night owl and afionas ,,,it could be like ,<on the buses>,phil as stan and sandy the short skirted clippee,,sorry couldnt resist ..yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 09:54:29 PM »
lol lol lol kev! We watched most of On The Buses too!

Would our Eggy be Blakey??? What a cast of characters. And Jen just shouted "I'm definitely not Olive."

I'll bet Terry will come up with a JibJab.

lmao
Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 09:58:40 PM »
Sandy luvver, one day it may come true. We'd do it well though! We'd have to arrange shifts for the drinking bit.....

lol
Phil

Offline philantsue

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »
as long as arillas can utalise the facilities they have without building lots of new hotels and whatnot then i wouldnt want to see it change....im all for new visitors to keep our BEAUTIFUL LITTLE RETREAT going but it would be nice for arillas to stay unspoiled

there are lots of holiday spots that im sure are beautiful to other people but arillas is our special little home from home....

an ATM that works would be nice tho...x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2010, 10:41:28 PM »
as long as arillas can utalise the facilities they have without building lots of new hotels and whatnot then i wouldnt want to see it change....im all for new visitors to keep our BEAUTIFUL LITTLE RETREAT going but it would be nice for arillas to stay unspoiled

A good point philandsue :-) Let's all try hard to help fill the existing hotel rooms and apartments.  Let's help give them financial confidence to re-invest in their properties ....which ultimately has to benefit Arillas.

Well we have the PR sorted...the bus and ATM suggestions...anymore...

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »

Hmm! Let me see....

Your aforementioned extras would seem to hit a certain spot Eileen & excellent suggestions by all.
There's just one thing missing I feel.

Residential summer caberet?

What about our Phil as a Sinatra tribute act in the Nut? Matinee & Evening show - six days a week?
Or, mix it up a bit & Sinatra one show & Phil & Jen do their Sonny & Cher tribute act to mix it up a bit?!? C'mon. Tell me how that won't sell out in seconds!!

Phil & Jen ;-)
Forgive my cheekiness. Only meant in jest - I'm sure you know that :-)
Seriously though, such thoughful suggestions regarding this topic - it's great, it really is.
B :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2010, 01:17:48 AM »
BeckyB, nothing to forgive luvver.

but as for the cabaret....

And Sonny and Cher

we'll leave that to the originals. Both can be heard in the Coconut Bar when we are there, but we are nothing, we are just simply pawns in the chess game of our Arillas. Wind farms blighting the view to Mathraki, Othoni and Ericousa just horrify me. There is just so much to do to preserve our place. 

What I want in 2011 is to see progress towards reversing the decline of the last few years, the abolition of so called "green" power generation, ie wind farms, and the local beer to get better and better. The brown bread is good, but could be improved Dimitris!!

Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2010, 09:10:27 PM »
Hi All, I've just been doing some catching up!

I was just suggesting the train driving job to Colin (who has done it for real!) when I read further and see you are already talking job sharing, Sandy and Phil, any room for another one then?

lynn xx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2010, 09:24:28 PM »
The more the merrier Lynn. It would certainly help with the drinking rota....unless we all want to drink together....lol
Sandy x

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »
Just for it to stay as it is! our first time last year we have just booked for end of May next year, A taxi would be useful, as I dont drive.
Everybody so friendly both Greek and English, very relaxed resort, ideal to just chill out.
Best food was at broukoulis, sea breeze, best bar malibu, but everywhere good.

walk to Afinias nearly killed us, but well worth it, going to walk to san steff next time.

Booking.com