Author Topic: Kokinos Studios  (Read 12619 times)

Offline SteveL

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Kokinos Studios
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 11:47:01 PM »
Hi Julie

Nafsika at the Rainbow are 2 bed apartments and less than 15 mins walk from the beach.   Very friendly and well run.

Val

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 01:46:11 AM »
Hi Julie,

Me and Carolyn fly from Toon International too and would love to go it alone, but as you say Jet2 is our only cheap option other than a Thomas Cook flight-only. We stay at the Akti and was going to suggest there, till you said quiet. Its not as bad as people make out being opposite the Bu and Nut. Saying that I could sleep through the end of the world, but Carolyn is so light a sleeper she floats and it does not bother her. Course as healthy dose of the local brews helps her and not a good idea for a 5 and 10 year old :-)

We priced it ourselves and could not get within £300 of the Thomas Cook price for 2012 and thats a lot in these times. Such a shame easyjet do not do Newcastle, but they seem to be reducing their flights from Newcastle, gone are Rome, Berlin and Copenhagen all of which we have enjoyed in the last 5-6 years.

Hope you get booked soon

Gary

Offline Mikeeey17

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 09:41:08 AM »
Kaloudis have two bedroom apts and a lovely pool. Very close to the beach.

Offline babeljude

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »
Hi Julie
we went with Thomas Cook from Newcastle last year, me husband, 2 kids and my parents. We booked the Makris, which has a MASSIVE 2 bed apartment on the top floor  with 3 balconies, 2 very large bedrooms ( 1 double and 2 single beds) a very large and well equipped kitchen. Although it technically slept 6, the 5th and 6th beds were a sofa bed in the kitchen which we didn't use. My parents had a ground floor studio which again was very clean and quite big. The pool at the Makris was absolutely lovely and almost empty for most of the time so our kids (age 10 and 8 at the time) thoroughly enjoyed having it all to themselves. It is about 15 mins stroll to the beach which we didn't find a problem at all (and very close to the  most fantastic bakery EVER) and there were loads of places to eat on the way to or from the beach.
This year my parents are at the Horizon Hotel and we are at the Bardis Studios which we have booked independently, although we are flying with Thomas Cook again because the flight times are MUCH better with the kids (although an extra £300 despite booking in January). The transfer time as you know is about 2 hours with THomas Cook, but with booking direct we are getting a taxi which will be totally worth the 50 euros to avoid the endless bus stops! I hope you get booked up. We are now Arilliacs and hope to keep coming back year after year.
Jude

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »
Jude luvver, we are currently staying at Bardis Studios and can only say how satisfied we are with our decision. Spotlessly clean, service seems to be the Bardis family's middle name, and the pool is wonderful. They made a special arrangement to put us on the ground floor so Jen would be more comfortable. The room is typical, and has everything we need.

Have a great time. I've a feeling we might meet if Bobby is correct and you arrive on Friday.

Yammas
Phil

Offline babeljude

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »
Hi Phil
We are arriving on Monday afternoon and the kids will be straight in the pool! I hope to see you at some point, I will try to bring a red rose!! I hear it is seriously hot this week, which will make a change from the 4 days of gloom and rain we have had here in Gateshead - I had the heating on yesterday for goodness sake!!
Jude

Booking.com