Author Topic: Kaloudis Appts  (Read 61473 times)

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Kaloudis Appts
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »
Could anybody tell me please if the Kaloudis aapts have air con.?Friends of ours are staying there.Thanks,cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 07:37:15 PM »
Hi Carol, they do have it but you have to pay for it,
think iit was something like 15 euro's a week.
  Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 10:04:27 AM »
Thanks for that Viv.cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline col john

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 06:23:31 PM »
thanks for that eggy

might be ok am now on medication to control panic attacks
and they seem to work

thanks colette

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 09:53:23 PM »
The Kaloudis does have the best pool and Rula in the shop is lovely.Next time we go i would like to stay on her side of the complex as things were much more professional and friendly.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 11:06:30 AM »
Hi

I would agree with your comments about Billy.  We stayed there twice a good few years back, simply because it was allocation on arrival.  Although at the time, the apts were prob the best on the resort, unfortunately our holiday experiences at the Kaloudis meant that we wouldnt even go back to visit as we were made to feel that uncomfortable.  We found him to be extremely grumpy and he seemed to be constantly moaning at the kids (the twins were 1 and Lewis 4 at the time) about getting pool water on the grass (I kid you not!). 

After going to the beach we would always ensure that we properly showered at the pool area but he actually came up and complained that we had the shower on too high!  Im sure we would have incurred an even bigger wrath had we dared to get sand in his hallowed pool!! Also, things like, if we ordered a cold beer we noticed that he had chilled glasses in the freezer but whenever we asked for one it was treated like a huge hassle, whereas other guests were freely given them.

As regular readers of this website will know, our familly return to Arillas year after year as we absolutely love it and we never let our experiences at the Kaloudis put us off this magical resort.  Indeed I feel guilty for having a bad word to say about anything! Lets face it, it could just have been the fact that he didnt like us for whatever reason, which I could understand if our kids were badly behaved brats and we were foul-mouthed 'brits abroad' types but we would never have (knowingly!!)let them cause disruption to other peoples holiday relaxation.  Watch this, il prob get a deluge of examples now, haha!

Anyway, my log-winded point is...we did, however find the owners of the supemarket and other apts on the complex to be lovely and couldnt do enough to help.  perhaps it is because we were in these apts that he treated us so differently? Who knows...Billys son was really nice as well, what ever happened to him? does he still work in the summer? Its funny but you never seem to see the kaloudis family around the resort whereas other bar/taverna owners will often be found out and about.

Offline carol2

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 12:15:42 PM »
Hi Jo, we have seen you & the boys in Arillas 2 years running, '02 & '03, so the boys were quite young then, I for one would never of complained about there behaviour. I used to look forward to see them dancing round the coconut, waving the sticks that go in cocktails. They were always polite & always said hello when they saw us. I have never stayed at the Kaloudis but I now what you mean when you say you feel guilty  for having a bad word to say. We had a couple of bad experiences this year, like you I am not going to let these put me off Arillas but at the same time I haven't  (yet) written them up. I suppose I was waiting to see if anyone else had any of the problems we had, also I was worried that if I did write them up I may get a frosty reception next year, even though we don't intend staying at the studios in question again.

Annie, I am horrified at your story about the air con, I too would of been taken in, I hope everone reads that before they go , forewarned is forearmed!
bye for now
Carol2
Get the beers in!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 01:18:25 PM »
Thank you for your kind words! After a week of driving me insane I will tell the boys what you have written!

Offline mijen

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 12:47:08 AM »
Hi Jo I've just returned from Arillas (Friday) and stayed at Kaloudis for the 10th year running, with some friends who have been there every year since it opened 22 years ago!!  Yes Billy can be grumpy and a bit proud of his pool - and the grass! - but in his defence it is only his high standards that keep the place looking great every year - even though I know he can be very irritating sometimes.  We're always given a great welcome by Billy, Hellen and Christiana as well as Roula and Christos.  In answer to your question Billy's youngest son George now lives and works in America - Florida - where he is about to open a new restaurant chain.  He comes back for a holiday most years with his wife Katie and sons Vasily and Theo.  Christiana is about to start her final year at University in England and returns every summer.  Christiana and Hellen can  often be seen on the beach during the late afternoon, and the whole family does find it difficult to go around the village as they are working from 6 am to, often, 2, 3 or even 4 am at times.  We stayed in Roulas apartments last two years and this year as well but were still given a great welcome by Billy and the family.  Anyway, wherever you stay in Arillas is great, I'm sure you'll agree.  Paradise on earth - can't wait for next year.

Offline SarahP

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 04:47:38 PM »
does anyone know if there are safes in the room or at reception at the kaloudis? thanks, sarah!

Offline dick

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2006, 07:03:48 PM »
there is safes in the reception area next to the shop, just as you enter the village complex alex
dick and Alex

Offline nigel and diana

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 11:29:29 AM »
Hi

We've just returned from Arillas. This was our first visit, but certainly first of many more to come - absolutely loved the place!

We stayed at Kaloudis, 2 adults, 1 teen & 1 toddler, in a 2 bedroom apartment; pleasantly surprised by the good quality of the accommodation (well above Greek standards). Place was spacious, adequately equipped, and the shower was rather decent. Furthermore, well impressed by the safety nets on the bottom of the balconies & extra safety railings on top; also, despite varied entertainment programme, and one of the rooms overlooking the pool, we did not find it too noisy; well-stocked shop/supermarket on site, with very nice & helpful owners, Roula & Christo

However, and I'm so, so, so sorry to have to rain on most people's parade (especially as we have just joined the forum!!!!!), but we are not going back to Kaloudis, mainly because of Billy, as we found him very grumpy & greedy, and this is why:

First - were not happy about the air-con - the notice in one room said it was 5 euros per day, whilst the notice in the other said it was 8 euros! When we asked Billy he said it was 8, they forgot to change all the notices!!!!! He also mentioned that the charge is per unit

Second - we love exploring places we go to, and that includes tavernas; so, we did not eat at the poolside bar or use the pool that often - as a result, we felt that Billy did not like us, and we felt somewhat uncomfortable (we are regularly holidaying throughout Greece, so this was not our very first experience of a "typical" Greek hotelier, however, this certainly was the first time we came across the grumpy one)

Third - late check-out room - as we have a young child, we payed £22 to Thomsons for a late c/o room, till 6pm; half-way through our holiday, we approached Billy & asked whether it was possible to keep the late check-out for a bit longer - " of course, but you must pay me extra 25 euros" - fine, we had no problems with that; however, although he told us to pay on the last day, he kept asking for the money the next day, so, fine, no problems, we paid, but then he kept asking for the money again the next day, which we found somewhat intimidating; then, on the last day, he said we had to vacate the apartment we were staying in by 10am, and then put us in a 2-bed, match-box size room with no hot water - not good at all, not impressed at all!!!!!

However, his daughter was very pleasant & helpful

Also, we found Roula & Christo very, very nice & pleasant; Roula was aware of the problems with Billy  - apparently she had lots of guests complain about him, and she was concern about the loss of business (as they are partners); she does have her own rooms / apartments for rent, so we are more than likely going to stay with them next summer

My younger child absolutely loved Roula, and was running to the shop many times a day, just for a kiss & a hug!

All in all, this was perhaps the nicest Greek holiday we had - loved the people (except one!), loved the beach, loved the tranquility, actually managed to relax (which was a premium!) and most of us were in tears when we had to go - but, we will be coming back for sure

Diana

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 11:07:49 PM »
Hi. Good to know all this info. Thank you. We`ve not stayed there, but the info is good.
Lindypops.

Offline Clowance

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 10:02:04 PM »
Hi,
We are going to Kaloudis in early May 2007 (4th to 11th), will the pool be open, and is it too early in the season for Greek night?

Haven't been before, looking forward to it.

TIA.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 10:49:32 AM »
Im sure the pool with be open but it will be a little chilly unless they have a warm spring
Ang

Booking.com