Author Topic: Villa Linakis  (Read 7996 times)

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Villa Linakis
« on: September 26, 2010, 01:04:23 PM »
For many years going to Arillas I have always been curious where Eileens villa was.

We were driving back to Arillas a couple of weeks ago when I saw a sign at the side of the road [ VILLA LINAKIS ].

Could not resist to have a nosey.

It is absolutley stunning and a lot bigger than I expected.

I would have loved to have knocked on the door to ask for a look inside, but thought that was s bit cheeky.

So jealous Eileen, you must be very proud.

John

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Villa Linakis
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »
I agree John. It is stunning, and works so well in its location. So much blood, sweat, tears and hard work have gone into it, and are still go into it. It is a huge credit to Eileen and Keith, and a very well deserved asset.

I'm not jealous though - all Jen and I want in our older years is a small, comfortable place within the boundaries of Arillas, where we know we can melt into the background, contribute something and enjoy all the things we love about it.

Phil

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 01:45:54 PM »
Hi Phil,

Could'nt agree more.

That  my wish aswell.

Good luck for the future.

John

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 02:00:51 AM »
Thanks for your kind words John and Phil :-) 

If you visit at the same time as us you are most welcome to pop in for a drink and a nosey around...we certainly won't think you are being cheeky :-)

Eileen.x

Offline suzieQ

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »
We've been lucky enough to stay at Villa Linakis twice now - have just come back having had a wonderful break there. Eileen has furnished it and equipped it to a fantastically high standard, and the outside areas are lovely - you can follow the sun or shade almost all the way around the house.Lying in the pool and looking out over the olive trees and the tethered goats I really did feel as if I was in paradise!
Wendy and Neill, who care for the villa and its guests, can't do enough for you and are great fonts of knowledge about the area - lovely people. I can really recommend Dawn's Greek cookery lessons at the villa, too - and try Donna's mobile massage service... a great way of winding down quickly and getting into the holiday mood asap. The hill up to the villa from the main road isn't that long, but is quite steep in places - but at least I've come home fitter than I went!
Can't recommend Villa Linakis highly enough...
Sue

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 12:45:28 PM »
Pete and I were lucky enough to see it at differant stages of being built from the first mountain of mud and slowly but surly we could see how big it was going to be, but what was more amazing was when we first went inside and Eileen was showing us what room was going to be what and then seeing it with the furniture and fittings in, Pete could see exactly what it was going to be like as Keith explained it but I couldn't see it in my minds eye and when Eileen called us in for the operning drinks (although we had chritsend it a few times before) it was just WOW. Have seen bits and pieces bring added outside even in the last few years and it's just becoming more and more desirable to use it and take the whole family, The only thing is we have to wait untell our Isabelle is a bit older as she wouldn't walk it back after a day on the beach. You have done a grand job Eileen and Keith. Loads of Love Viv & Pete.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
Sue, so glad you both enjoyed your cookery lesson and the massage - I expect Syd can look forward to further demonstrations by your good self ;-) :-)

It was lovely to have you both stay again, and despite enjoying the fine things in life such as local wine and good food it was good to hear you returned home fitter than you left!

We agree with your praise for Neill and Wendy... they are two lovely people...our two gems who take great care of our guests...and us too when we are there!

Viv, it doesn't seem any time at all since you and Pete were up viewing the empty rooms...but it was 5 and a half  years ago!  Hopefully our visits will coincide next year - we are over until 6th or perhaps 13th May - and you can help us christen our new pool bar - lol - drinks are on us ;-) :-) xxxx

Eileen.xxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 08:32:41 PM »
Eileen...hope you come on the 6th May next year - I come back here on the 13th so don't want to miss you xxx
Sandy x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
When I have retired, one of the things I want to do is to stay at Villa Linakis out of season, and do some of Eileens activities. I haven't been in the villa but it looks stunning from the outside. I turned the car around in the drive way when I went to Sandy's, which is also a lovely place with amazing views.

Booking.com