Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 13210 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Advice please
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:03:45 PM »
My younger son and his family ( G/daughters Izzy 7 and Maddy 5) are keen to try Arillas but they can only go in the school holidays. They also need to book a package holiday as an independent booking, in August, would be too expensive.

I have said that Kaloudis would be ideal for them and the prices are within their budget, but I am worried about a few things and I don't want them to be disappointed in any way. I have read in reviews that there can be noise from the Kaloudis bar at night. I have told them that Arillas is a very quiet place and I wouldn't want any noise to keep the girls awake. Also I am a bit worried that their first visit to Arillas in August may be noisier than normal due to the additional influx of Italians.

Any advice would be appreciated from any members of the forum who have stayed at the Kaloudis. Yammas

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
Hi Terry,

When we where there a couple of weeks ago we met a young couple with 2 small children.

They were staying at the Tria Adelphia.

They said it was fantastic and ticked all the right boxes.

John

Offline daisyday

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »
We stayed at the Kaloudis in June (although without children).  We were staying in the apartments nearest the sea (in fact we had a lovely sea view) and we weren't bothered by noise at all... I believe the apartments at the front are owned by Rula(?) and it depends on which day of the week you arrive which apartments you get.  Billy's apartments are the ones over the bar area.   I am sure if you specifically request Rula's ones they will be more than accommodating as they were extremely helpful.

I am sure they would enjoy their holiday at the Kaloudis!

Offline philantsue

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 03:37:01 PM »
hi terry we have stayed at the kaloudis in august twice! first time with our boys and second time on our own...both holidays were fantastic...

when we were with our boys we were put in a two bedroom apartment which was not only spacious but both rooms opened out onto an enormous balcony looking onto the gardens facing the sea and we heard NO NOICE from the bar at all it was just perfect

the second time when we went on our ownwe were put into a studio looking over the pool/bar area and yes there was a little noise but it is a holiday and kids tend not to notice things like that but the balcony side faces the garden and sea and not the pool/bar so i dont think they will have any problem at all...

although august was busy with the italians it was still a quiet holiday to us it just means the beach is a lot more busy and they tend to park a lot of cars along the front but at those times we just stayed round the pool...so im sure they will have a fab time anyway as the kaloudis is a great place to be..3 more weeks and we will be there again....mossy spray is a must in august tho...x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 05:14:06 PM »
To be honest Terry we found it very quiet in August and not many Italians or Germans there unlike 2008 there were lots although things could change for 2011
One thing is for sure the kids will love it we took Dylan and Ellie both similar ages to your grand bairns to Alykes last year and they loved it we couldn't keep them out of the pool or sea :-)
Tony

Offline annemarsh

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
Also I am a bit worried that their first visit to Arillas in August may be noisier than normal due to the additional influx of Italians.

I think it's grossly unfair to single out the Italians!

I believe the Arillas Experience is only being enhanced by the increasing numbers of the different nationalities. In our many visits to Arillas, the only trouble we've ever had has been with the Brits!

Anne

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »
Terry, they could also consider the Rainbow complex?  That's a lovely place to stay and works out cheaper (from Manchester) with Thomas Cook.
Cheryl O

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 06:22:17 PM »
Also I am a bit worried that their first visit to Arillas in August may be noisier than normal due to the additional influx of Italians.

I think it's grossly unfair to single out the Italians!

I believe the Arillas Experience is only being enhanced by the increasing numbers of the different nationalities. In our many visits to Arillas, the only trouble we've ever had has been with the Brits!

Anne

Oh Dear, Anne Marsh

This is my opinion only but....................................
............    Once again, I think, a topic has been misi-interpreted. New visitors may need to be introduced as painlessly as possible and then after adapting to the Arillas way of life they can then be slowly introduced to the various nationalaties that share the same way of life here. This,I think applies to new visitors from any Country, especially those who have had little contact with us Brits. On holiday here 99% of us act as ambassadors for our Country of origin.

Siga Siga , is after all a Greek term. Different languages are not only difficult to understand but Greek and Italian can sound loud and obtrusive to any novice holiday makers.
Just as some English/UK accents can sound to many of my Italian,Greek and German pals.

August is the busiest ole time of all and for those that enjoy, not only the hustle and bustle but people watching and people listening it's great. But to be , possibly, chucked in at the deep end on your first encounter? - Hmmmm.!

Tria Adelphia would be a good choice. - They will be well looked after there and just a little way from the hustle and bustle that we veterans enjoy.
It's all there in August if they want to be part of it.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
I don't think Terry intended to single out any nationality, he was just wanting to be assured that his family especially his little grand daughters have a fab time and lets be honest, August has always been a month when there is a greater influx of our European neighbours who like to enjoy themselves as much as we do.

I live close to the Gower a place of natural beauty so said, but what do I say when the summer arrives, to be avoided because of the tourists...we have another name but best not say here not PC.

We have been coming to Arillas since the early 90's but on one high summer visit not too long ago we felt like the outsiders whilst a group of Bulgarians partied almost every night for several days until the early hours around the pool of our accommodation.did it annoy me? a little bit, would it have annoyed me if I had young children? yes it would.
But Kaloudis will be absolutely fine some of our best arillas holidays were had there when my daughter was young, she is now almost 25 lol
Ang

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 10:20:20 PM »
Hi Terry. We stayed at Kaloudis at the end of June begining of July in the appartments nearest the sea. We heard no noise from the pool bar and had a great view of the gardens and the sea.

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 10:27:57 PM »
On our holiday a few weeks back there were thousands of Germans around !
Complained to the rep but she pointed out we were in Germany !
Hope I don't burn !

riggers

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 12:20:34 AM »
Hi Terry .

I think you know what riggers will say about Kaloudis. It is Brilliant...we have been 11 times and the music is never to loud.. If you are concerned book Roula indepenantly :) right by the sea and gardens.....peace........... I'm sure they will love it.........

riggers.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 03:46:32 PM »
I am really pleased that my son Dean and his wife Sian and granddaughters Isabel and Madaleine have now booked for Kaloudis for Aug 8th 2011. They are staying for two weeks.

I am hoping to see Rula, when we go in June, to see if they can have one of her rooms.

Thanks for the help everyone, and I am sure they will love it and will want to book again.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 07:57:11 PM »
Tery, how old are your granddaughters? My niece and nephew may be there at the same time next August....aged 8 and 6.
Sandy x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 10:19:37 PM »
That's an interesting coincidence Sandy, because next August they will also be 8 and 6. They are so excited, especially when they see my videos and photos.

Booking.com