Author Topic: Comfy Beds  (Read 12098 times)

Offline garyr

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Comfy Beds
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:32:16 AM »
Hi All

I have been to Arillas now must be 8-9 times over the last 3-4 years staying at several places which are always clean friendly and have laways had a special time whilst being there however strange question here wheer can i find a comfy bed in Arillas?  Gary

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Comfy Beds
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »
That's a very difficult question Gary....... What IS a comfy bed. I like a hard bed, so when I stay somewhere with a soft bed,  that's uncomfortable for me. My husband prefers a medium to soft, so if I am happy he's not. Then again if we spend two weeks on holiday and the bed doesn't suit either of us we both end up grumpy. So I suppose the happy medium is medium!!!!! Also if the bed is not to your liking  we both find an extra drink on the balcony before retiring works wonders...............................
      Val
The love affair continues.

Offline garyr

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »
Hi Val

I like an hard bed and my missus likes a medium soft bed so yes it is difficult but as you say if you have a hard bed for 2 weeks and you dont like it, the grumpiness from the missus even after a few lemonades can be difficuolt to deal with still doesnt stop us from enjoying the wonderful place though

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Comfy Beds Comfy must be the best beds in Corfu king size at Marinaki Appts
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 01:31:40 PM »
Hi All

I have been to Arillas now must be 8-9 times over the last 3-4 years staying at several places which are always clean friendly and have laways had a special time whilst being there however strange question here wheer can i find a comfy bed in Arillas?  Gary

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 02:05:07 PM »
Tonynew <~~~~~~~can sleep anywhere after plenty of Mythos Ouzo's and Black Sambucas ;-)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
Gary put something in the lemonade.  Your right though, Bill and I would still enjoy Arillas even if we had to sleep on a clothes line. Can't go again this year so roll on 2011
   Val
The love affair continues.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »
I do most of my sleeping on the sunlounger on the beach so I can't add too much to this conversation :D

The beds in Brouklis have always been nice and inviting and comfy after a beautiful night of vine, song and a little dance. They also provide nessecary comfort if the hangover happens to be king/queen size.

The bed that I always sleep on has had a soft mattress that I have been most happy with it, but Heidi has a hard one in her room and she loves that.  Each to their own ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline philantsue

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 10:58:52 PM »
well guys you know how the ole saying goes......you can please some of the people some of the time! you can please some of the people all of the time!! but you just cant please all of the people all of the time!!!

hard bed...soft bed...who cares your in arrrrrrillaaaaaaaaas!!!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 11:36:03 PM »
I've never had a complaint about the Greek beds, which in my experience have usually been quite hard which I like....but has anyone ever managed to find a decent Greek pillow? More often than not they seem to be very small and lumpy.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 12:13:06 AM »
Only once had beds too hard for us, but like Sandy, I think I'll pack my own pillows next time....

As others have said, that extra vodka frappe sorts it all out anyway!

Phil

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »
garyr, you didn't say where you had stayed. This year we stayed at the Dionyssos & the beds were like concrete, I had aching hips & stiff back! Previously we had stayed in Nafsika & Jimmy& Perrys & not noticed their beds being too hard.

Karen

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »
We areat the Marina, and have a comfy bed but most of all proper pillows. lovely all thats missing is a full bath, as someone said in My family and other animals, why do you need a bath when you have the sea to wash in, are we all to fussy these days? answers on a postcars with a couple of quid and the besr answer wins a FIVER. Cheers Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline garyr

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 06:39:52 PM »
Hi Karen

We alos stayed at Dionyssos in the first 2 weeks in September and I agree my back was killing me and the wife's moaning was too, we have stayed at Annas/Tria/Makris all in the past> has i said earlier cant knock the accomodation or the welcome we receive anywhere in the lovey Arillas but I do enjoy a good kip when i eventually get to bed so for my next trip next year I ahve my instructions to find a good bed someone said the ones on the sea front by kaloudis are very comfy.

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »
Have found the beds at Kaloudis like concrete, but this year we stayed at the Nikos Appts and their beds are lovely and comfy.

Becky

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 03:19:29 PM »
I used one of the fleecy blankets as a mettress cover (doubled it up) It did help a little.
Karen

Booking.com