Author Topic: Taxi or coach transfer  (Read 10370 times)

Offline coastalwalker63

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Taxi or coach transfer
« on: July 14, 2005, 01:34:35 PM »
:D  Hi,

I have decided that I would prefer to get a taxi from the airport to Arillas as I really don't want to be stuck on a coach for 3/4 hours and find that when I get there that there is nowhere open to get a drink, or anything to eat.

How do I go about booking a taxi?  I think I read somewhere that Dimitri can arrange it, but I'm not sure.  Also, has anyone taken a taxi from the airportrecently who could give me an idea of the cost. Time is of the essence, now, as I fly out on Monday.

Many thanks

Sue x

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:35:36 PM »
Hi Sue, you can get a cab immediately outside the airport and I am advised should be charging around 40-45 Euros (one way).  Dimitris would organise it for you but I think only if you are staying at Brouklis, in which case it may be a tad cheeky asking.  I will leave that one to you. What time do you arrive, as me too out there that day.
A
(ps. You excited yet?  :lol:  :wink: ), cos I am.  Oooo one more day of work.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 02:38:12 PM »
hi Sue,
if you scroll down to Dimitris name at the bottom of the homepage and click on his name it brings up a page about Dimitris and at the bottom of that page is a phone number so you can contact him direct.Wish i was coming with you Monday.Dimitris charges about 20 euros or did
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 02:47:57 PM »
Harold when was the last time you took a cab - 20 euros my eye! I was 35 last year and its gone up a little with fuel charges.  
 :lol:

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 03:38:25 PM »
Aly we paid 45 from the airport in May they wanted to charge us 50,when we tolt Dimitris he said it was only about 20
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 05:08:06 PM »
Ahhh well maybe, just maybe, they do charge 20 euros in peak season though ... cos they'll get more airport/resort runs at that time than out of season!  :wink:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

OR ....

its cheap rates for the singletons

OR ...

more expensive for you peeps (they want to more euro per tourist inc baggage) for a taxi full-o-holiday people!  :D

... 4 more sleeps, let you know the current taxi euro rate when/if I return  8)

Offline coastalwalker63

Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 08:46:18 PM »
:roll:   Feeling very confused now!  Not sure if it would be cheeky contacting Dimitri or not.  I thought that the taxis at the airport charged more that the pre-booked ones.  I really need to get this sorted a.s.a.p, or we're going to end up with a long coach transfer.  I've only ever used the coach transfer provided by the tour operator before and I'm not really sure what to do.

We should arrive at the airport at 6.45 pm Aly; what time are you due to touchdown.  Yes, I am very excited now; it's suddenly hit me that I've got to get my arse in gear - I haven't even got my currency yet.  I did go up to get it earlier, but you get charged by the bank if you use your credit/debit card for currency and the bank was closed, so I guess I'll have to do it tomorrow.  Hopefully, the currency rate will have gone up by then LOL!

I have read on here that some people change their money over there cos the exchange rate is better.  I did c=ontemplate doing this, but surely you will have to pay commission over ther, so is it really worth it?

I've started packing already - so much to remember.  Can't wait!

Sue x

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 09:39:14 PM »
Hi Sue (coastalwalker)

Re:  your currency - I know everyone says change it out there, but to be honest you only get a euro or so extra, considering so many places here are no comission I always change it over here and take a little bit extra in sterling just in case and then change that as and when needed.

As for the taxi - I do believe Arillas travel can organise a taxi for you, there website is sited on this one.  Failing that I cant see why Dimitris would be offended to sort out a taxi for a forum member.

Which travel company are you travelling with?  As I think it is only the Manos one that takes for ever - we are travelling with thomas cook and they tend to go direct.

Have a great time - we only have 7 weeks to wait!!!  :roll:  :roll:

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline coastalwalker63

Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 12:37:08 AM »
:? Hi,

I emailed Arillas travel, and this was the reply that I got:

Ihre Nachricht
    An:  info@arillas-travel.com
    Betreff:  14.07.2005 19:56

wurde am 14.07.2005 21:17 gelesen

It looks German to me?!

I am going with Olympic, but it does say in the brochure that the transfer time is 3/4 hours.

Sue x

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 12:41:59 AM »
Good grief, which route do Olympic take??  I think you could get round the whole island in 4 hours!!!

I'm sure we travelled with Olympic one year and I dont remember it taking that long - but dont take my word for it.

I suggest you email Dimitris and ask his advice.

Which apartments are you staying in?

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline coastalwalker63

Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 12:44:53 AM »
:D Hi again,

I'm staying at the Mathraki apartments.  I think I will have to get up the courage to email Dimitri.

Sue x

Offline coastalwalker63

Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 12:59:49 AM »
:D I have emailed Dimitri, so now I will just have to wait and see if he can help.

Sue x

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 01:01:57 AM »
Sue

Just had a brainwave, have you thought about Emailing Mathraki apartments and asking them how long it takes the coach to get there and do they organise any taxi transfers.  You can access there web site via this one.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 01:19:08 AM »
Just had a look on the front page of arillas and if you look on the left hand side and click on local links you will find Mathraki apartments website.

Godd luck Sue

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline coastalwalker63

Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 01:32:31 AM »
:D Thanks Tracey, I have just emailed them.  Will let you know how I get on.

Sue x

Booking.com