Author Topic: Taxi or coach transfer  (Read 10388 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Transfers
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 03:02:44 PM »
Try ringing Olga @ Arillas Travel on 00302663051280. This is her office number and she speaks very good English. Best time to contact her is from 10:00 to 13:00 , ( Corfu Time )
She also has a fax number. 00302663051381.
Negg

Offline aftermidnight

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 03:34:14 PM »
SUE.
         You seem to be having a few problems.Your money can be changed at M&S stores both ways for nowt. Most travel agent also do it for no charge 8) I see you like walking well have a walk around and find the DEALS :!:  :!: Also your transfer,go to the TAXI rank at the airport and ask the drivers for a price[to Arillis] you,ll find one who,s had a bad shift and will do it for 30 euros[it,s called haggling].Failing this I also see you like cycling :evil:  :twisted:  :wink:  :wink:

Offline coastalwalker63

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 04:16:24 PM »
:D Thanks to everyone for your advice.  I emailed Dimitri and Noula from the Mathraki.  Dimitri saw Noula on the beach this morning and had a word with her.  he emailed me to tell me not to worry, and that Noula would be in touch.  Noula has now emailed me and will arrange a taxi for me which will cost 45 euros.

I have now got my currency sorted.  I tried to do it yesterday, but the bank makes a charge when you use your debit card to buy currency and the bank was closed, so I had to do it today.  Unfortunately, the exchange rate has gone down today :cry: .  I sooo wish that I had got it a couple of weeks ago when it was 4.446.  Never mind, it's all sorted now.  

Having to rush around like mad today, to get things done, as I have to work tomorrow, and have something arranged for Sunday.  So much to do - so little time!

Sue x

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
who?
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 04:33:17 PM »
Quote from: coastalwalker63
:D Thanks to everyone for your advice.  I emailed Dimitri and Noula from the Mathraki.  Dimitri saw Noula on the beach this morning and had a word with her.  he emailed me to tell me not to worry, and that Noula would be in touch.  Noula has now emailed me and will arrange a taxi for me which will cost 45 euros.
x

Hi sue
It was "Akis" that I spoke today and Not Noula,
Make sure that you do not book you taxi twice or other missunderstanding after all these.

Best regards,,

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 05:19:50 PM »
Hi Sue, glad you got sorted out at last.  I hope you are suitably excited (as I am  :D ) and no doubt our paths may cross. If they don't then have a super dupa hol in Arillas.
Aly

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 05:29:27 PM »
So glad you are all sorted now re: taxi - mind you from Dimitris answer looks like you may have a couple of taxis :lol:  :lol:

Have a great time and chill out.  Look forward to your tales when you return - I am very interested to learn about the walk you will do with Lemonhouse. :)  :)

Happy Holidays

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline coastalwalker63

Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 07:40:04 PM »
:D   Hi Aly,

Hopefully, it's all sorted out now.  Don't worry, I haven't double booked anything.  Akis, from the Mathraki, just advised me that there will be taxis waiting outside at the airport, and that I shouldn't have any trouble getting one; they didn't actually book one for me.  I am hoping to get confirmation from Arillas travel that they have booked one for me  I have sent them my flight details etc, that they requested.

I'm sure our paths will cross at some point as Arillas isn't that big, from what I can gather.  I will certainly say, 'Hi' if I see you.  I will be going to the Brouklis for the spit roast lamb, that's for sure.  If I don't see you, you have a brill time too; I'm sure you will.

:D Hi Tracey,

I will certainly let you know how I get on.  The walk that I'm doing with Lemonhouse is a really short one (only 2 miles) to Afionas, where we can spend time on the beach and will be picked up afterwards by a speed boat to take us back to Arillas.  There was also a 6 mile option which I would have really liked to have gone on, but I will have my 11 year old with me and she struggles walking in the heat.  she has walked 7 miles before, but not in those temperatures.  I guess I'll wait and se how she gets on with the shorter walk, but I doubt very much that we will be doing the 6 mile walk on this occasion.  What a good excuse to come back another year though LOL!

Sue x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Arillas
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 08:43:42 PM »
Sue
I'm glad you are all sorted. - Just go and have a great time.
Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2005, 12:35:51 AM »
Sorry everyone about the 20 euros taxi fare i got it wrong,a misunderstanding on my part. :oops:Just been looking at the old thread about Taxi's and even there the cheapest was 35euros and that was from last year.I dont know where i got that 20 from,i must be regressing back to the distant past i will be quoting prices in Dracma's next.Sorry for misleading everyone.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline coastalwalker63

Taxi or coach transfer
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2005, 12:38:59 AM »
:D   It's been confirmed now.  A taxi, organised by San Stefano Travel, will be ready and waiting to pick us up at the airport.  It will cost 45 Euros.

Sue x

Booking.com