Author Topic: Great Staff and Hotel but location is not too clever  (Read 9648 times)

Offline value

Great Staff and Hotel but location is not too clever
« on: October 11, 2010, 03:47:54 PM »
We stayed at the Loius Grand for a week in October 2010 and were really pleased with the way were were treated and looked after by ALL the staff and management - they couldn't do too much for us. Excellent food and facilities and the all inclusive deal was excellent with loads of drink and food as and when you needed it right up to midnight every night... BUT the location is very remote and you need a car to get around if you want a quiet and peaceful holiday with nothing to do then this is the place for you. The Animations team were all lovely people and during the day they were fine but to expect them to provide nightly entertainment was beyond them even though they tried very hard they didnt provide a lot. There was a duo on on Fridays and they were OK. Everyone has spoken about the Wasps and they were a problem during meal times, they are all over you and your food and we noticed lots of guests get up from there lunchtime meals and leave it untouched. We found that you do get used to them and we just ignored them and got on with out meal and we didnt get stung by them. Watch out for the Dragon Fly Fish in the sea that seemed more of a problem than the Wasps. Zoe the lifeguard had the syringe ready for any such bites and stings and sorted everyone out when she was called upon. All in all we had a good time and the weather was nice and sunny which is what we really went for.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Re: Great Staff and Hotel but location is not too clever
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »
Hello Value,! Welcome to the Arillas Forum,

As our forum is mainly about the resort of our place in north west Corfu ,
as we do not offer all inclusive packages in our area ( actually we are against such developments in our area).
I was wondering whether you have posted on the wrong website  or you have encouraged me to start a new category board about other resorts in Corfu.

I;m saying all this  because if some reads you review it looks like we have an all-inclusive resort in Arillas called  Loius Grand.....
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline value

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 04:02:32 PM »
thanks for the compliment ...
actually i just told u about our visit in Loius Grand for a week in this month...
so i'm new here in this forum.. i dont know about the rules and regulation..
if its wrong so thnx for notification.

Offline philantsue

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 09:12:47 PM »
arillas should always be unspoiled! the locals are the most wonderful, friendly people you could ever meet...

like all good people of this world are in need of making a good living in this most beautiful idylic spectacular part of the world and i for one would NEVER like to see any ALL-INCLUSIVE hotels here!

this is our perfect greek getaway and it just wouldnt be the same if we couldnt visit all our lovely friendly little tavernas who offer not only good quality food but the best welcome ever...

see you in a few days arillas i cant wait....x

sue

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 09:51:32 PM »
Hi Value, I too was a little confused about where this Louis Grand was in relation to Arillas, I thought, "new one on me where and when did that spring up?" maybe its in Sidari and you had taken a trip to Arillas one day?

Anyway you have found this forum which in the main is dedicated to a beautiful village on the north west coast of Corfu, there are a great number of forum members who have been visiting for many many years, we all hold an emotional attachment to the place for our own reasons but we welcome every new visitor to both Arillas and indeed this forum
Ang

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 10:41:24 PM »
Well said Ang. Agree with every word. Including the welcome to both the real Arillas and the virtual one here on the forum.

Anyway you have found this forum which in the main is dedicated to a beautiful village on the north west coast of Corfu, there are a great number of forum members who have been visiting for many many years, we all hold an emotional attachment to the place for our own reasons but we welcome every new visitor to both Arillas and indeed this forum
Ang

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »
Hi value im sorry to hear you went all inclusive we on the forum dont like that word and certainley never want one in arillas im sure if you visit us in arillas you will clearly undersand why we go here try it a and you will get the arillas fever im sure e

Offline value

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 01:02:56 PM »
sorry to say but i post just that things which me saw and feel there...
sure dear i'll must contact with u when i'll come there again. :p

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »

Hi Value, I too was a little confused about where this Louis Grand was in relation to Arillas,

Glyfada, thats where you will find the Louis Grand.
Never stayed there but did call at taverna down on the beach there last year, (2009) when we were on a run around with Phil and Jen

Nice beach and close to Pelekas, a lovley little village near by, well worth a visit 

Booking.com