Author Topic: advice please guys!  (Read 10833 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
advice please guys!
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:43:12 PM »
we are thinking of bringing our 2 sons, daughter in laws and 2 toddler grandsons to heaven in september, what i need is advice!!! we always stay at the akti, but i am not sure about staying there with the babies, because of the bars opposite really, not sure if they would sleep through it (they wouldnt have the alchohol to help would they!!!)
so i need suggestions please guys, i know there is someone out there who can help, i think a package would be easier, probably not going to be anywhere big enough for all of us, so 2 appt maybe???
thanks ger x

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: advice please guys!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »
ger,

If you get your request in quick enough to Kostas at the Akti, they can sometimes arrange particular rooms for you, especially if it is for good reasons. At the back of the Akti you don't hear a squeak from the Nut or the Bu. Maybe you could sound him out first?

Gaz

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:03:26 PM »
yep have thought of that, but they get so busy! we did ask for a "quiet" room last year well in advance, but we were only able to have one during our second week!, we were at the back and it was good, but we would need 3 rooms though. might e mail him see what he says.
ger x

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:59:48 PM »
ger
1 of my fave stays was above alexs supermarket,,1bed apt ,,sea view ,and shop below,,say no more all at hand ...........alex and stella are fab ...........yammas

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:32:35 PM »
Ger why not have a look at some of our forum friends villas if they are available as I'm sure you could all stay together that way and they are away from the centre if your worried about noise for the little ones
Or Thetis they are independent and big rooms, we now stay at Horizon and to be honest when the patio doors are closed its really quiet and again the rooms are big enough if your little grandsons are one a piece to your sons.

I guess it all depends on your budget, flights seem a bit higher for next year so maybe you will need to go down the package route but I would still try and balance the pros and cons
Good Luck
Ang

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 08:10:36 PM »
When the kids were small we used to go to Tria Adelphia, very quiet and a lovely family atmosphere, though there were still cocks crowing and dogs barking in the morning!

Offline Paul & Denise

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 08:14:08 PM »
Nafsika, part of the Rainbow complex sounds like it would tick your boxes. 4- 2bed apartments, spotlesly clean and near enough but far enough from everything. Jimmy and Spiros are great too, always going that little bit further to make your holiday special. Hope you get sorted, In Heaven and your family with you - perfect.
Paul

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »
thanks for all your replies, i have got to pin everyone down to dates. one big problem is martin is waiting to have knee replacement, consultant appt is december, we were hoping the op would be before christmas, but thats not going to happen now, so i cant book anything until he's seen him, and it has all been complicated by the fact that he had an accident and disloceated his hip back in august!!
perhaps we'll just leave him at home. (only joking really, aren't i??)
tria adelphia is coming out as favourite at the moment, the only thing is the distance, how far is the stroll honestly???
i have walked the circuit loads of times, but never really timed it
ger x

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 02:12:36 PM »
Ger, I would say Rainbow would be better for you all.  I don't want to upset or offend anyone but I think the walk would be too much for Martin and don't forget you could be doing it twice a day if you go to the beach.

We stayed at Kokkinos last year which is not as far away as the Tria and the walk home some nights was a pain although Sandy did help with a lot of it and I was very grateful.

Hope you get some dates sorted.
Cheryl O

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »
What about Kaloudis Village.  We stayed one year with Thomson in one of the front 2 bedroom apartments and they were great and overlook beautiful gardens.
Also the whole complex is absolutely spotless and so well kept and the location is superb.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 01:53:41 AM »
Ger luvver, our Cheryl said everything I wanted to, and Jerseybean realised that maybe Kaloudis would be fantastic for the kids. Many want that totally quiet experience, and head for the far end of the village. I am NOT suggesting that Tria is too far out for people with legs. Tria is a fabulous place to stay, and many will echo that on our forum. John and Dot, please help out here.

Jen and me walk almost nowhere these days, and our Arillas is restricted to where we can walk. It doesn't bother us as my recent posts show. Arillas will deliver whatever you want. Just be sure what that is.

Phil

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »
thanks phil for taking time out of your precious time there to reply to me.
kaloudis is looking favourite at the moment, so as soon as martin has seen the consultant in december, and we can get some idea of when his op will be, we can go and book, i would love to book now, but if we had to cancel because of it, we wouldnt be able to claim off the insurance  because its a pre existing condition! between a rock and a hard place at the moment!
ger x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
Good luck Ger....fingers crossed....
Sandy x

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 09:59:28 PM »
One thing with the Tria, is that Phil always tries to give us a lift back to wherever we are staying. We always turn him down but it doesn't stop him offering. His two bed apartments are very good too. We've stayed at kalloudis the last three years and love the place- but we would book the private apartments at the front of the complex belobging to chris and roula over any others there- obviously this is difficult for you, but those rooms are far better than any available from thomson.

Booking.com