Author Topic: Arillas  (Read 4463 times)

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
Arillas
« on: July 17, 2005, 09:29:54 PM »
Hello to all members of the 'LoveArillas Fan Club'!!!  We are Robin and Mavis and have never contributed to any online forum, anywhere(although I did register here early last year) so please bear with me (Mavis) and I will try to be brief, but I don't find that easy!!
Since we were referred to a couple of times on the forum recently  and Eggy also mentioned that we were 'background' viewers, I thought it was about time we came into the foreground!
We both enjoy the forum, daily photos and information on the website and visit at least once a day.
We have been returning to Arillas almost every year since 1991, at least once.  That first time was a complete 'stab in the dark', even though I was a travel agent (of more than 30 years all told) I knew nothing of this little resort.  We stayed at Kaloudis (pre-pool bar!!) and loved it.
Since then, although we have been to other Greek islands and elsewhere, nothing has quite captured us the way Arillas has.  We usually visit early June (and sometimes September) and in addition to enjoying this lovely place, we have also met some really lovely people, those who work to make our visits to them so memorable, plus the now familiar faces visiting each year, as we do, and for us, all this helps to make Arillas so special. We have even strarted 'recruiting' friends we have made in other resorts, simply by telling them how lovely Arillas is,  they have now joined us, and since they have returned for a second time, I think they like it as much as we do!
We would probably be acquainted with many more of you should I be able to stay out later and 'party' more!!  You'd never think my friends used to (and some still do, for some reason!!) call me 'Mave the Rave'!!!  But then that is another joy of Arillas, if you don't want to 'rave' in the music bars you can return after yet another great meal (for us, usually Brouklis) for a quiet drink on your balcony with very little noise intrusion.  Although that does tend to depend on where you stay!!
Unfortunately, we are not able to return to Arillas later this year since Robin, now working nights at the other 'A' place - as he refers to it when we are in Arillas - (Asda!!)has to take a later date in the year for our second holiday and we will be going to Fuerteventura, but it no way compares to Arillas, except perhaps in  the weather!!
However, we are booked to return to Arillas, as ever, next year on 12 June and, of course, can't wait to meet everyone again and enjoy our favourite place.
I hope I have stuck to all the rules of 'forum etiquette' and not rambled on too much!!
I had an almighty problem sorting out a picture and couldn't get the one of both of us on at the right size, so you're stuck with me!!  And I hope it works!!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 10:44:20 PM »
hello Mavis,
and welcome to the forum.Sally and i tend to  come back to Arillas about 3 years running and then we go off somewhere else.Last time was Skiathos,very nice but not Corfu,so we do know what you mean.Dont worry about rambling on it was interesting and so much of what you have written applies to so many of us here.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline malky

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Arillas
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 11:25:17 PM »
Hello Mavis,

Welcome to the forum, i have holidays all over, but now feel that i've found my Eden, Almost as beautiful as Scotland(hehehe).

I still find time to spend time in my caravan up the north doing some fishing, so i'm quite happy to return each year now.

Hope to see you in Arillas sometime.
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Arillas
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 12:22:41 AM »
Hi Robin & Maves, Glad to see you active on the forum. It's really wierd the way Arillas just gets hold of you, we have been to quite a few different country's and a few of Greece's  island's, We will go to other places in the furture but there's something about Arillas and it's people that we cannot stay away from. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Arillas
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
Robin & Mavis
'Bout time to !! - I guess next year we might bump into you again.
Don't forget that your long term knowledge of Arillas will also give any first visitors a good insight of what to expect.
I knew Robin worked at Asda when he kept tapping his behind all the time.
(He's probably heard that one before though!)
Best wishes to you both.
Negg & Wegg

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Mavis
Arillas
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 09:52:13 PM »
Hi to you all and thanks for your greetings and welcome messages.  We usually 'bump into' Negg and Wegg - hope alls well with you, yes, I think Robin has heard that one before!!  But saying that, he is lucky to still have his job when we got back and redundancies started to happen, anyway, all is well. Although, if he had been out, we could sell up, pack up and move to  Arillas!!!  By the way, hope you are getting closer to that roof of yours!! -  it may be in place by the time we see you next.  
Apparently, Malky was on the big table at Brouklis one evening when we were there this time but we didn't realize it then, so if you go again in June, we might be able to say 'hello'.
Of course, all of us are so besotted with Arillas and it seems most of us have said all the things others are feeling which it makes it a bit difficult to add any more!!!  Certainly, there is no other place like it and we will never tire of visiting.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Arillas
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 05:29:14 PM »
Hello Robin and Mave the Rave,

I've just returned and catching up on all the posts I've missed, so a belated welcome to both of you.

As Eggy said, your long-term knowledge of Arillas will be most welcomed and useful to all of us.

Please don't worry about rambling on...we all do it from time to time  :wink: and I did enjoy reading your post.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Eileenx

Offline malky

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Arillas
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 07:28:50 PM »
Mavis, i'm sorry that we missed each other in the Brouklis, :cry:

How did you know that it was me at the big table?
You should have come over and said hi, ( i don't bite). :)

I'll be back in October, then again in June next year but don't
have dates yet 8)  Hope to see you there  :wink:
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Mavis
Arillas
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 06:04:42 PM »
Eileen and Malky
Thanks for your kind words Eileen, we may bump into you one day!! and Malky, I remember your group and didn't realize it was you, but apparently Dimitris mentioned it to Robin, I think just after you left and if I had known I would have said 'hello'.  Never mind, next time we will, we are going from 12 to 26 June and so we may overlap!  Well, I had better get on, I actually came on the computer to check a recipe for blueberry muffins!!!  Bye for now  Mave

Booking.com