Author Topic: Help with accomodation  (Read 7337 times)

Offline julie-1402

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Help with accomodation
« on: December 04, 2010, 12:54:16 AM »
Well after visiting Arillas for the first time in August I am now looking into booking for 2011 but this time bringing my 2 children and my mother and father so they can see how nice the place is!!!!

This year I booked through Thomson and I am trying to book independently for next August.  Flights are sorted but I am finding it hard to find accommodation for the 6 of us...  Ideally we wanted myself, partner and my 2 daughters together then my mother and father in their own apartment/studio.  We are even willing to have 1 child sleep in with each couple but can not find anywhere.  I have emailed a few places but can only offer us 3 studios which would not be suitable as the children are only 10 and 5 so would mean my partner would have to share with one child and me with another which we don't want.

I would really appreciate any ideas for accommodation for us which is not too near the bars with us having the children with us this time.   We are not really bothered about having a pool as we do not need one with such a nice beach!!

Also we would like to hire a people carrier if possible, could anyone suggest a hire company that do these so we can get an idea of prices.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Julie

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Help with accomodation
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 01:16:54 AM »
The Arilla Inn Apartments are very comfortable and some have three beds in them(opposite the Rainbow). Also the Makris have studios for two and aprtments for 4 and I think you can now book privately with them....if you have a car that wouldn't be a problem as they are a bit out of the village.

Will give it some more thought but that's my first suggestion.
Sandy x

Offline Derek

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 06:54:19 AM »
Hi Julie Have you tried Anna's ? She is always willing to help out & she has 4 & 2 person studio's You can also get a people carrier from Arillas-Rent-A-Car which is run by Anna's sons Theo & Tasos.Im sure Anna could help you out no prob.Good Luck

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »
I tried to post this last night but it got lost in a haze of port and brandy. Derek beat me to it - Anna Studios and Arillas Rent-a-Car is an obvious solution. Set up the hill, it is an immaculate and friendly place to stay. Don't sit still too long or you'll get cleaned and scrubbed.... Fab-u-lous.

An alternative might be Elena Stella, the home of Olga Vigli who is Olga's travel. We stayed there for a month in September 2008. Like Anna's, a lovely pool and totally laid back hospitality. Your needs would be met by either place.

So glad Arillas worked its magic on you. I'm not daft, I know quality when I see it
Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »
dont forget our fab rainbow comlex ,they have a 2bed block called nafsikacan be booked through thomas cook or direct,,fab apts ,i stayed there in oct ......yammas

Offline julie-1402

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »
Thanks for your replies!  I will check them all out thank you.

Forgot one important thing in my first post, my mother can not walk very far or up any steps due to knee problems so something no too far from sea front would be good.

Wish I was in Arillas right now and not with this snow...

Thanks again,

Julie

Offline dorothy

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 05:27:51 PM »
Hi Julie

Marina hotel has 2 bed apartments at the sea front and I think 1 bed studios behind them.  Another possibility would be for you to stay in apartment and your parents in a hotel room - hotel has lift.  Marina hotel is super, rooms small but spotless with phone, tv and mini fridge.

Dorothy
Dorothy

Offline julie-1402

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 10:55:16 PM »
Well we got sorted!  Flights booked for 8th August.... Me, my partner and 2 little girls are staying where me and my partner stayed this year Kokinos and my parents are staying at Bardis Sun Hotel.  With my mum having knee problems its really handy for everything to stay there.  It will be my parents first time in Arillas and also first time for my  daughters (Lauren 5 & Bethany 10) and I know they are going to love it!

As for the car hire, we have contacted a few places and seems there is mostly only a Nissan Primastar 9 seater to hire.  We have decided not to hire a car and just get a taxi from and to airport and if we want to go anywhere we will go by day trips!   

When I was in Arillas in August this year we didn't have a car and we were very happy just wondering about and lying on beach all day then stuffing ourselves every night with the lovely food!!! so I am sure my parents will be happy doing that as well without the car..

Roll on 8th August <3

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 11:24:35 PM »
Great news Julie.

very happy just wandering about and lying on beach all day then stuffing ourselves every night with the lovely food!!!

why do I SOOO identify with that.....

Have a great time all of you
Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 12:53:41 AM »
Yes, must say I really identify with that quote too, Julie and Phil!!  :D

lynn xx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 09:53:50 PM »

Glad you all got fixed up Julie. The Baris Sun will be ok for your Mum, everything is in easy reach without to much walking.

Val
The love affair continues.

Booking.com