Author Topic: Yassou from Arillas  (Read 11589 times)

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Yassou from Arillas
« on: July 21, 2005, 05:42:02 PM »
Well its 3 days now since I landed in Arillas ... and its just a beautiful and hot.  Fantastic to bump into fellow forum members, Sue (Coastalwalker) and she's already been walking about the island, even in this heat! Her daughter is charming. Also met Paul (Paul&Debs) but not met Debs yet.  Oh and how could I forget, Mr Arillas himself, Dimitris.  Now Ive been the length and breadth of the beach but not seen the lion (WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS).  How will I know it is him I wonder?  Come on William we are wondering what you look like.  Right thats enough chatter for the time being, Ive got a few more rays to catch before dinner.
A

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 07:39:09 PM »
Glad you are having a great time Aly.
Are you telling us that the picture of W.B.Y is not his true likeness.??
I always thought that was a wig he was wearing!
Give my best wishes to all the forum out there with you.
Negg

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 07:44:16 PM »
Hi Aly
Glad to hear you are having a good time and found a few other fellow forums.

Cant believe you havent foung WILLIAM- I mean surely there arent too many of those wigs around - are you looking at the nude end of the beach - you shoudl be able to spot a lion and a wig covered in green clay!!! :wink:  :wink:

Have a great time - only 6 more weeks for us.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:41:02 AM »
Hi All
 We've just got back and I reckoned we saw him on the beach !!
  he had 2 baskets ,1 filled with doughnuts and the other was full of s...
  and he had a wig on or was it a straw hat ?????????????

Paul/Deb5

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 10:07:13 AM »
Hi Paul/Debs, Welcome back. Sure you had a wonderful time, anything special to tell us, it's really funny that when other people come home from thier holidays they can bore us to death going on and on but when they have been to Arillas it's never boring. Bet you thought you where on the wrong board for a moment what with the mozzie thread and the other thing . Viv :shock:

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Yassos from the UK
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 03:39:40 PM »
Yuk, back now after a fabulous 14 days in Arillas.  Hi to Paul&Debs and Sue, glad everyone got back ok.  Did you have a delay? I did ... 6 hours! I was on my knees yesterday.  Anyway after a good kip, back at work today and wondering ... just wondering if you I could manage another trip in September!  We'll see as I'm green-eyed at those who have Arillas to look forward to.

Aly

Offline coastalwalker63

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 01:26:15 AM »
Hi Aly, Did you get my PM?  It's the first time that I've used it and I'm not sure if I've done it right?

Sue x

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 11:09:52 AM »
Yes I did Sue, I've replied.
A

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 01:33:54 AM »
Hi Aly
 Not much fun being back 'a' ? sorry to hear you had delay coming back hope you weren't outside in the hot sun ? we were a bit fortunate we only had 30 mins delay and it was at night but still quite warm, but nice.
 Yes we or I will certaintly be back before the end of season, probably end of Sept begining Oct.
Nice to have met you in person,and you as well Sue, will speak soon.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 12:11:50 PM »
Hi Paul
No I wasnt in the sun unfortunately. I got to the airport in plenty of time only to see a notice about a 4.5 hour delay.  Then like a numpty, I went through passport control and hours later, they decided to give refreshments to us unfortunate ones at the cafe upstairs!  Too late for me.  I found a space on the floor for the odd 40 winks, it was very uncomfortable and at that point, you just want to get home.  I eventually flew at 8.00am Greek time. Has put me off flying with MyTravel though ... who are useless both going and coming home, but not Corfu.
Aly

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 02:21:51 AM »
Hi Aly
 Also we won't be flying Scandik air either as you know we had the 5 hour delay coming out of East Mids, but saying that it was East Mids fault as well.
 So its out of Birmingham as usual and try and get Monarch airlines as we have never had a problem with in the past !!! yet !!!!

Speak soon.                      Paul/Deb5

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 12:16:42 PM »
Hi Paul/Deb

Wish I hadn't read about Scandic Air thats who we are flying with at the end of September.  We are taking our Grandson this time who gets bored very easily, don't think I could cope with a delay.  Has anyone else had a problem with them?

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Yassou from Arillas
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 01:09:43 PM »
Hi Jill,

We've flown with them before from Newcastle and Glasgow and not had any problems. :D

Eileenx

Booking.com