Author Topic: Re: cash mashine  (Read 34800 times)

Offline kevandelke

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: cash mashine
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »
we had problems getting cash using a clarity credit card.  Called the bank and they sorted it within 5 minutes, apparently your first usage of a card can create a block on the account as its an unusual transaction. When we returned to UK, I complained about the inconvenience ad received £75.00 compensation.  Not bad and the exchange rate as very good at the time too.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 11:03:56 PM »
Thanks for the advice hippopots. Spot on. Our three withdrawls in July worked out about 25 euros cheaper than it would have had we taken the guaranteed rates. Even after the bank charges. That could buy me a lot of Mythos.....

Phil

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
I usually pop into the bank before I fly and register my card at my bank by letting them know I will be in Corfu and how long for. I use Halifax and haven't had any issues after that.

Offline mythos_red

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »
Is the cash machine still there (2016).  I remember one year it was taken away and I was strapped for cash.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »
There's a new cash machine at the Marina - used it a couple of weeks ago and working fine.  There's also the one further up the road, near the bus stop and supermarket. 

Offline mythos_red

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 07:52:09 PM »
Thanks for the info!

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 04:29:58 PM »
Hi
A word of warning in using the Arillas ATM’s
Cannot personally verify this, but talking to someone who tried to get cash from all the machines.
There was no option available to select to the exchange rate offered by his card supplier.
Having no choice , he finally had to accept the rate offered by the bank providing the machine.
He got less than a Euro for a pound sterling.
This rate is a lot lower than he would have got using his card supplier rate of exchange.
You should always be offered the option.
Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 06:03:36 PM »
Interesting!! - Good info for all to be aware of.
Negg

Booking.com