Author Topic: panorama & paradiso  (Read 11431 times)

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
panorama & paradiso
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:43:48 AM »
Has anyone stayed in these villas? I'm looking for a villa to take my in laws to, in summer 2012. We are looking at a few around arillas, but as my father in law is going to be 83 then these look handy for short walks into the village. The price though is far higher than others around the village (approaching £4500 for two weeks for 4 adults)- all of which are on higher ground. the only concern I have about these is they may be a little close to billy the kid's disco at kaloudis! I've never heard his music until our last night in the love nest there last summer, at which point I realised that this was my first sober night in all my visits to kaloudis!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: panorama & paradiso
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
I've never heard his music until our last night in the love nest there last summer, at which point I realised that this was my first sober night in all my visits to kaloudis!

:D it has been known to happen to a few folks in Arillas!

As for the villas, I haven't got the foggiest. I think the price goes higher the closer they are to the beach.
Life is good ;)

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:47:52 AM »
That does seem ever so expensive just the 4 of you for 2 weeks,I assume thats going through a booking agent,the Paradiso is a 10 min walk to the front also.
Good luck hope you find something
Ang

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
Hi John,

I realise you would prefer a villa but perhaps you might want to consider an apartment? 

The Marinaki apartments are superbly located and superbly equipped.  Two apartments would give you privacy and your own love nest but still enable you to have your parents in law nearby.  I was very impressed when my sister and brother in law stayed there...and I particularly enjoyed a few drinks on their balcony and it's dreamy view :-)

Our Jo Wissett is the Marinaki expert! Use the search facility on the forum to read her reviews and to see her photos.

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 06:30:55 PM »
I would recommend Marinaki as well.
A couple of years ago I went to see the apartments
and they are indeed very good with a beautiful view.

Connie x

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 08:48:31 PM »
Ang, that price is through Simpson. I like the look of the Marinaki, but my father in law is a grumpy old git and has forgotten that children like to make noise and play etc.... I fear the presence of children in other apartments would not suit him!

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 11:56:57 AM »
Hi Nic and john, I thought it was Simpsons , what about the top floor of the Horizon there are 2 rooms there and a lift I may be wrong but the times I have stayed at the Horizon there were not too many children and being on the top floor its quieter in any event and your right on the front so not much walking.
Or the alternate is stay a bit further out and hire him a buggy  like the one Madge has on Benidorm so he can tootle around
Hope you find something
Ang

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 04:22:17 PM »
Thanks Ang I've just emailed them to ask. I'm not sure if I've dreamed it, but is there a similar apartment on the top of Marina too?
I think the nearly £4500 for the villa with Simpson is ridiculous in all honesty, but I will only take this old fella away once, he's been good to us (despite being grumpy!) and I want it to be perfect for him and the mother in law. If it was just Nic and I we'd be booking something MUCH cheaper!

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 01:23:49 PM »
Hi John I think the Marina also have top floor rooms not sure how many, but as there are only the 2 rooms at the Horizon that floor is all to yourselves, and the rooms are pretty spacious only down side is that the top floor balconies only sit 2 but as next doors balcony is close you can still communicate and have a bit of p&q
You should get a reply from the Horizon pretty quick or maybe within 48hrs but they always respond and I estimate the 2 weeks will be less than 1/2 for the villa.

I think its very admiral of you trying to make your Father in laws holiday perfect and I'm sure once he is in arillas all of his grumps will subside and being on the front in the early morning is such a peacefull place to be  and the breakfast's are pretty good there.
Fingers crossed for you
Ang

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 08:15:09 PM »
Horizon won't be able to offer a price until "towards the end of the year" unfortunately.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
Try asking Horizon the price for this year, it may give you some idea of the difference in price from the villa.
  Another idea would be to hire a car and book one of the other beautiful villas in the area and just drive your father-in-law to the village each day, I bet that would still be cheaper.
             Val
The love affair continues.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
Good idea Val re asking the price for this year,as it will give a rough indication to 2012 prices even if you factor in a 10-15% increase as I wouldnt anticipate too much more or lets say peak season 100 euro per room per night plus flights and remember you will be booking them in advance from approx Nov this year maybe 4 flights at £150ea return ,I calculate the holiday still coming in at approx £3k.

Or as Val suggests one of the villas a little out of the villge, that said you would be on call to drive and it is your holiday too.
Keep us posted and hope you work out a good deal
Ang

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 06:51:09 PM »
No problem with being on call, as I never drink in the day and it's the inlaws first time on the island, so I'd be happy to drive them around. I already have prices for Thea, Linakis and Helios court all of which work out a fair bit cheaper than the simpson villas. The good thing about the simpson villas though apart from being pretty close to sea level, is that I could easily nip around to see Billy the kid and neck a few carafe's of his dry white wine, after the inlaws have gone to bed.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 07:44:35 PM »
John m8, I reckon a few stolen hours with Billy's dry white should not cost 4 figures.... Your f-in-law will be just as impressed by the view from Marinaki, and Billy is just next door. Don't waste your money. Spend it on magnificent garlic praws at Effi's, just down the road. Ask our Olga for an activity suited to the old boy - she will deliver. Hire a car from Theo (Kostas, Anna (studios) and Tasos) and visit Achilleon. Use your money to blow him away with the place he is in.  Luxury costs, but enjoyment is free.

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
Well as you all know, I cannot speak highly enough of the Marinaki, if there is a more exquisite, peaceful spot in Arillas I will pay you good money (if I had any!!) to find it. Well thats if you want to be near the gorgeous sea, of course, Eileen and Sara's villas would give the perfect peace and tranquility. As for kids, as we are prpbably not going to be able to afford this year, you will definitely have 2 more quieter weeks but generally speaking, I would say the main clientele are middle aged couples (I do NOT include myself in this description:-) and Italians and not a lot of kiddies.

Booking.com