Author Topic: Advice needed on hiring a rearfacing childseat for a rental car  (Read 14816 times)

Offline yummymummy

Advice needed on hiring a rearfacing childseat for a rental car
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but we are coming to Arillas in May with our son who will be 18 months old then.
I have a question about car rentals and hiring car seats. At home he travels in a rear facing car seat (I won't go into why, I appreciate it is fairly unusual to have an older child rearfacing - anyone interested you can see info at www.rearfacing.co.uk) and I'm reluctant to bring this seat as it cost a lot and I don't trust the airline to take it in the hold without damaging. I therefore feel our only option is to hire. But is this safe? How will I know whether the hired seat hasn't been dropped/damaged in some way, making it useless in the event of an accident? I don't know what other people do? Apparently we are able to hire a rearfacing seat though I am yet to find out more info from the rental company.
Could just do with some advice really from others who have young children. Thanks in advance. [/font]

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Advice needed on hiring a rearfacing childseat for a rental car
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 08:16:36 PM »
Hi yummymummy,
welcome to arillas.com you will get lots of good help and advice on this site and in Arillas as well when you come.
Please use this link it should take you to Olga,s contact information, many of us have asked her to hire odd things, me ,I needed a wheelchair for three weeks, she did the job easily.
Olga has yet to be beaten and I use her every year, she is a smashing lass, give her a call, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

http://www.arillas.com/page/en/mtree/travel-information-rentals/olgas-travel/details/

Once again welcome and enjoy yourselves. Mick.

Offline yummymummy

Re: Advice needed on hiring a rearfacing childseat for a rental car
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »
Hi yummymummy,
welcome to arillas.com you will get lots of good help and advice on this site and in Arillas as well when you come.
Please use this link it should take you to Olga,s contact information, many of us have asked her to hire odd things, me ,I needed a wheelchair for three weeks, she did the job easily.
Olga has yet to be beaten and I use her every year, she is a smashing lass, give her a call, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

http://www.arillas.com/page/en/mtree/travel-information-rentals/olgas-travel/details/

Olga sounds fantastic, thank you Mick! I will get in touch with her.
Once again welcome and enjoy yourselves. Mick.

Booking.com