Author Topic: weather advice please  (Read 5712 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
weather advice please
« on: February 03, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »
looks like instead of being in arillas end of june, we will have to visit end of september, we will be with our 2 toddler grandsons, so would hope to have several beach days, is that likely?? (martin should be having his knee repalcement in march, so travelling in june not possible) not sure if we should give it a miss altogether this year.............or risk the end of sept????????????
ger x

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
Re: weather advice please
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »
We've been at that time on many occasions when our daughter was pre-school age and it was perfect. The sea is still warm but the sun has lost some of it's ferocity so sunburn is less of a concern. True, the weather can be a bit changeable and you may need a jumper or light jacket in the evenings but my advice is GO FOR IT!!

Angie

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
Like Angie says Ger the weather can be changeable we have been twice at the beginning of October so i guess your hol will fall into that month ,
The 1st year was brilliant sun all week and not a cloud in the sky the second year 2002 was a mixed bag rain morning but sun in the afternoon but it was warm
Put it this way i would rather be in Corfu in October than the UK
Tony

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
When we stayed all of Semtember 2008, it was hot-hot-hot for the first two weeks, the third week was peppered with (glorious) thunderstorms, but after that the weather was perfect. Just a tad cooler, but sunny and dry. Ideal for beach. There is always a risk at that time, so you will have to decide whether to take it. But like Tony, Jen and me would prefer being there then to being here in the UK.....

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:46:41 PM »
Ger - we went last year around 27th September for two weeks and most of the time the weather was very good.  We walked up to Afionas and also to Niko's Akrotiri a few times and the sun was not too hot to walk up hills.
The sea was lovely and warm (it has all season to warm up)
We've booked again for the same time -ish - arriving on 30th September for two weeks and looking forward to it.
Oh - and we spent quite some time on the beach and in the sea.
It should be perfect for you all
Look forward to meeting you

Janis x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 01:10:02 PM »
thanks guys for all your comments, don't feel quite so downhearted now! perhaps cinderella can go to the ball!! (or at least have a ball in arillas ha ha)
ger xx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
You'll certainly do that Ger....
Sandy x

Booking.com