Author Topic: Kaloudis Village and dogs  (Read 35506 times)

Offline Jooles

Kaloudis Village and dogs
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »
I am thinking of booking a holiday at the Kaloudis Village Apartments. I have a son who is terrified of dogs, could anyone advise me as to whether dogs are allowed around the complex. Is Arillas a dog's paradise or are they reasonably kept under control?
Thanks in anticipation.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Kaloudis Village and dogs
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »
I cant say anything about Kaloudis village, but generally there are few dogs around Arillas like in any village in Greece.

They are usually with their owners but sometimes you see them independently checking out the action. But over the years I have never seen the dogs bother anyone uninvited.

I get on with the canine kind and I tend to hang around a lot with Charlie in Thalassa, but in the hot sun he is not the most active sort ;)

Life is good ;)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:42:08 AM »
Hi Jools, Arillas is not the kind of place that is overrun with dogs like some.
There are a few about but they are very well looked after and don't scronge for food or bother you at all that way.
 One could decide that it wants to take awalk with you but if you tell it to go away      ( fige ) it will.
My Grand daughter ran in front of a car the other day to avoid a dog, so I know what this problem is like. Thank Goodness she likes our Kizzy. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Jooles

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »
Thanks Erja and Vivian, I think Son (and I) can cope with that.
I love the picture of Charlie!
Looking forward to our first visit to Corfu, reading through the posts on this forum it sounds like Arillas is a wonderful place to relax in.
Jooles

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 12:12:05 PM »
Jooles, besides being a wonderful place for every age group, the beach, tavernas and most of all the people of the village are the best you will find in all of Corfu or the rest of  Greece.
Book your holiday and come to paradise, I promise you, you will want to come back again and again.
                         Val
The love affair continues.

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »
Jools, I agree with all the above, but "billy the greek" at Kalloudis does have a couple of yappy little dogs which do come into the bar area. Billy is usually with them but they do sometimes run ahead. I'm sure it could be scary for a young child who is already scared of dogs, but it may also help the child overcome their fear. You'll see a picture of Billy with one of his dogs riding his scooter on the forum, so they are not always running around like loons.
You won't find a more friendly resort than arillas, and Kalloudis is a very family friendly place with great food and good company.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
Nic and John have said what I started posting. We get on famously with the two dogs at Kaloudis. FiveO has even been known to be carried from a boat by young Billy to avoid getting wet! Kaloudis is a favourite of many on the forum, and we thoroughly enjoyed staying there. Lovely pool, lovely people. Right on the beach, central for all the amazing tavernas in Arillas. Sure you will enjoy.

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
Hi Jooles - it will be our fourth time this May at Kaloudis and I can confirm what other forum members have said. Yes, Billy has two dogs - one very small (the "yappy" one) basically ignores everyone and does his own thing. The larger one of the two (Fivo) tends to be Billy's constant companion and is very very laid back.

I've just tried to add the photo that the others have spoken about but it didn't work. I'll try again in another post but, rest assured, the dogs at Kaloudis and in Arillas itself do not present a problem to anyone

Janis x

Offline Jooles

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »
Well, from all the comments I think we will be ok. My son is a teenager but will still avoid dogs at all costs (including loss of his life) running in front of cars to get to the opposite side of the road! After a week he will probably have sussed out a route down the high street to avoid the maximum number of doggy residents!

Holiday now booked! Arriving 19th August for 2 weeks, can't wait.

Jooles

riggers

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
Hi Jooles.......i think your son will come away from kaloudis loving dogs.....Billy's dog (fibo) is so comical....rides on moped with him...goes on lielow in pool.....sleeps on sunbed with him..... :)

And you will just love Kaloudis.....we are going back for the 13th time in June.. :)

riggers.

riggers

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
Sorry meant to say you will jusy love Arillas................

HAPPY HOLS TO YOU.... :)

riggers.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 10:04:12 PM »

Can you see the little one in the basket at the back. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

riggers

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 10:06:45 PM »
hahaha that's our star doggy............ :)

riggers

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 10:07:43 PM »
local taxi driver....lol

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 10:50:41 PM »
They are just SO cute!  Must look out a photo I took of one of them drinking from the Splish Splash pool...

lynn xx

Booking.com