Author Topic: Kaloudis Village and dogs  (Read 35548 times)

Offline Jooles

Re: Kaloudis Village and dogs
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »
My daughter said they look like lambs!
Thanks for posting.
Jooles

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »
Holiday now booked! Arriving 19th August for 2 weeks, can't wait.

Hello Jooles! I will also be arriving on the same date as is my friend Heidi from Finland, so do say hello :)

Life is good ;)

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
I think the little one looks a bit like fluffy piglet, and yes they are both cute. Thats the one who just yaps a bit but usually ignores everyone.

Val
The love affair continues.

Offline Jooles

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »
Holiday now booked! Arriving 19th August for 2 weeks, can't wait.

Hello Jooles! I will also be arriving on the same date as is my friend Heidi from Finland, so do say hello :)

Certainly will! My last trip abroad was to Helsinki, (Helldone Festival 2009/2010) Finland fascinates me. I loved wandering around the city, even though it was -14 degrees and dark by 14.30! No wonder you love Corfu!

Jooles

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
Jooles, our Erja is another cornerstone of the forum. We have spent many an enjoyable hour in her company, and plan many more. She is such an ambassador for Finland, as is her friend Heidi. They both love Arllas just as much as we do, and they are such fun to be with.

If you open your heart, Arillas will fill it with peace and friendship. And it is real with the local folk and many of the tourists.

Your son will be surprised by the laid back Arillas dogs. I am friends with most of them. But there was one who bit me. The story is there in previous holiday reports, but I should have known better.

Your son won't get run over in Arillas, crossing the "road" or not. And he will probably end up being friends with some of the dogs.

Have a great time, and tell us what you thought by posting on here. Whatever that is, we can cope with others' views that differ from ours.

Phil

Phil

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »
I'd be more concerned with the snakes, tarantulas and mossies and I'm no dog lover.

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 07:27:42 PM »
Forgot to mention the scorpions too!

Offline Jooles

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
^^ Eeeeek!

riggers

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »
I'd be more concerned with the snakes, tarantulas and mossies and I'm no dog lover.

crikey scared of going back myself now...............  lol...

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
Seen lots of snakes on Corfu, most of them dead on roads, the " tarantulas" are just large spiders that you can see anywhere warm..... Scorpions I don't know, never seen one myself, only on Kos. Take lots of repellent the mossies are the most scary of the three.
                               Val

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 12:36:35 AM »
Jooles, you have created a huge swell on the forum. Please stay with us and tell us your story, even after your stay at Kaloudis..

Phil

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »
Val no need for the inverted comma's over the word Tarantula- southern european one's are the originals, named before the nastier south american variety apparently. I haven't seen one yet, but I'm sure I'd break the four minute mile if I did! I think their full name is Lycosa Tarantula- I almost wish I'd never read any Gerald Durrell now!

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
Just to add to Nics very acurate post about the naming of these spiders - first discovered in the vicinty of the Southern Italian port of Taranto (hence the name) they live in underground burrows and are actually nocturnal animals and very timid of large mammals which is why you will probably never ever see one, and even if you do they can run away very quickly! So no need to worry about these creatures - as Val says, it's the mossies you need to worry about !!!
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
 Jooles, Phil hasn't told you how he go bitten bur just incase that is worrying you it was his own bl--dy fault. lol. Never seen a spider out there and as for snakes, dead yes alive no thought I saw one once but am told it was a slow worm. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 04:16:24 PM »
 Thank God I've never seen a tarantula yet Nic and Geoff, not scared of spiders but I wouldn't  want to meet one of them if I was one my own, although in saying that I am always the first to handle anything they  show in the petting area of zoos when we take the grandsons there, just never been offered a tarantula yet!!!
                                                                                           Val x

Booking.com