Author Topic: Kaloudis Village and dogs  (Read 35510 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Kaloudis Village and dogs
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »
The dogs are so laid back they don't even bother with the cats, who are only interested if you have food. Seen snakes, not in Arillas though and a few squashed rats, but thats about it.

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
We sometimes see snakes crossing the road on the late night walk back from Tri adelphia to the see front, along with toads and fireflies (early in the season). Funny how most assumed the post re spiders was from Nic, she isn't too bad with all that stuff, which is fortunate because even though I'm more than twice her size I am useless!

Offline Jooles

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 07:14:44 PM »
Wow, sounds like a haven for wildlife! Come to think of it, wasn't Corfu the island where Gerald Durrell lived as a child?
Quite glad the spiders live in burrows and are nocturnal! My daughter has quite a piercing scream when she sees anything with more than 4 legs.

Can't believe how many posts have been generated by my original request for information,and how interesting they all are, look forward to meeting some of the posters in person!

Jooles

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »
This is one of the repiles I love and that you might find anywhere in Corfu. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Jooles

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »
LOL! Not that keen on reptiles, but at least those move slowly!

Jooles

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 12:06:25 AM »
You've probably realised by now, Jooles, that forum members love Arillas so much !!
(and so will you after you've been the first time)

Viv - LOVE the photo of Billy's two dogs! When we meet on Thursday you'll have to tell me (yet again!) how to add photos....

Janis x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 08:14:24 AM »
Wow, sounds like a haven for wildlife! Come to think of it, wasn't Corfu the island where Gerald Durrell lived as a child?

Yep, he did indeed! For example Lawrence Durrell's White House is in Kalami on the East coast and the other houses can be found as well  :)
Life is good ;)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »
Here's a pic of Durrels Whitehouse in Kalami the one in the middle of the pic on the edge of the sea i think it is a Taverna now

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »
The taverna is lovely.We've headed down there the last few times we have been in Corfu.Such a nice place to sit and enjoy a quiet lunch.

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 06:58:18 PM »
I read somewhere the top floor of the whitehouse is available for rent.

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
Corfu Escape have it on their site.We looked at it a couple of years ago but the dates we wanted were not available.Pity.

Offline Jooles

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
Sorry another question! (or two)

Are there mosquito nets over the beds in Kaloudis Apartments? Or does one just drench oneself in chemicals 24 hours a day!

Is aircon payable by the week, and roughly how much is it?

Thanks.

Jooles

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »
No there are no mosquito nets. When we've stayed there we just use the plug in thingys and have a dose of spray before going out at night and again before having a last glass on the balcony/patio. 

Offline pandb

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »
Hi Jooles

We are heading back to Kaloudis for the umpteenth time - regarding dogs - "peri" is the little one & getting on in years - may well be why he's a little yappy - but I do stress yappy, not snappy. I'm not a dog person but have no trouble with either of Billy & Eleni's dogs - Fivo is simply a big softie & lies back so his tummy can be tickled. Regarding Mossies - nets not provided, but air con is available - I believe the cost is 5 euro per day - we tend not to bother with it (although going in May & Sept we tend to avoid the worst of it) but do tend to light a "citronella" candle regularly & tend to find this keeps the little bu**ers away ( the mossies that is). Sure you will enjoy your stay & become an Arillas Addict like the rest of us.

Offline Jooles

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 07:13:18 PM »
Thanks.
We are going in August so I think we will need aircon!
Jooles

Booking.com