Author Topic: Foreign Exchange websites  (Read 10437 times)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
Foreign Exchange websites
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:19:31 PM »
Over the past week I've been looking at various websites to see what is on offer in way of exchange for sterling and euros.
In the end I latched on to this one

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/euros

Stick in the amount you want to exchange and up comes a list of companies and their exchange rate along with advice about them and method of payment.  As daft as it sounds Bupa are offering a good rate at the moment via their partner site ICE.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Re: Foreign Exchange websites
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »
Good site Rothers will keep my eye on it over the next few months at least it gives you plenty of options .
We don't want another Crown Currency fiasco again ,i wonder if any of the creditors have received any monies owed yet ,Sara hasn't mentioned anything so i guess not
Tony

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »
We did use the Travel Money site last year and it did show Crown Currency as the best rate. We did use them but we were lucky and got our money.

Never again, and I don't care about the best rates as long as its Euros in the hand. I think its back to M and S again.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »
I've used ICE many times, always got a better rate than locally and next day delivery. I never used Crown as I thought their different rates depending on how long before delivery a bit suspicious. ICE are completely different and they supply quite a few of the travel agents with their currency.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 11:58:05 AM »
and dont 4get theres plenty of exchanges in arillas,with similar or better rates at times ..yammas

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
Sara hasn't mentioned anything so i guess not
No, I've still not heard anything yet. The administrators are still continuing with their investigations, although I think we're due for another report within the next few weeks.
I will be looking to buy some euros soon for our visit in April. I think I'll play safe & go to M&S or the Post Office.
I'm also thinking of opening an account with Santander now that the Nationwide charge when you make withdrawals abroad. Does anyone else use them?
Here's the link for their Zero Account  www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Satellite?appID=abbey.internet.Abbeycom&c=Page&canal=CABBEYCOM&cid=1237851350496&empr=Abbeycom&leng=en_GB&pagename=Abbeycom%2FPage%2FWC_ACOM_TemplateT2

Sara

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »
You have to have an investment bond with Santander in order to qualify for the Zero account Sara....no good for me I'm afraid - I have nothing left to invest!!
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 02:22:57 AM »
but so much to offer Sandy luvver. And you invest all of you in the place we hold so dear. We so identify with that, as you already know. We have our fingers crossed that after all the shennanigans you have been through, it settles into a solid future. We're sure it will.

love from both of us
PhilandJen 

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »
I picked up 550 euros yesturday for £500 in Huddersfield, (no commision)there rate for less was 1.0782. Can anyone in Arillas tell me what it was there. Thanks Viv.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »
Yiota posted on FB a few days ago that it was 1.14 which was great, but her next post re currency was that the rate was 1.11.

We'll get a small amount here in the UK and then change the rest over in Arillas - rather let our Corfiot friends have the commission!

Janis x

Offline Karen22

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »
Got our euros on Saturday (fly out on Monday - can't wait) we used good old Thomas Cook, if you ring in advance you get a slightly better rate than just walking through the door.  We got 1.1119 and we rang about 15mins before arriving.

Offline jojo

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »
Where is the exchange place in Arillas, or would we have to go to Stefanos? (sorry if I have spelt that wrong!!)

We usually go to Thomas Cook for ours and bring out just euros.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 03:30:29 PM »
Olga's Travel, and Arkokal opposite will both do this. As will many of the establishments like Rainbow etc. The only currency problem we ever have is the loss of the ATM, so we now bring travellers cheques which we always exchange at Olga's.
Hope this helps
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »
Exchange rate today in Arillas is e1,12.

(Maybe tis on the way up peeps!)

Negg

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 02:58:42 PM »
Just changed £500 at the Cheque Centre and got 565 Euros.

Jill
Jill XXX

Booking.com