Author Topic: BARDIS SUN STUDIOS - TO BE DUMPED BY THOMSON HOLIDAYS !!  (Read 5711 times)

Offline thornje

BARDIS SUN STUDIOS - TO BE DUMPED BY THOMSON HOLIDAYS !!
« on: July 26, 2005, 12:58:14 AM »
TROUBLE WITH THOMSON HOLIDAYS !

:)  Back again on the Arillas website - I just have to log on to this site at least every other day to keep sane!

We spent two fantastic weeks in Arillas back in June and we just want to go back tomorrow! We stayed with Poppy, Spiros, Bobby and George at the Bardis Sun Studios - the best accommodation in the whole village for sure. We had such a great time - everything was perfect - the studios, the pool, the bar was the best craic at nights, but the best of all was the welcome we received when we arrived late at night, and the care they all took of us during our holiday. We felt like we were at home - except the weather was a bit hotter than Northern Ireland as you might guess! We will be coming back as soon as we can earn some more money and get some time off work. The tavernas in Arillas are superb. I have travelled to many parts of Greece over the past 35 years but Arillas is the best. Dimitri at Brouklis was the best host and the best taverna we ate at. Keep up the good work Dimitri on the website and thank you for all your help with information before we arrived. Thank you Poppy Spiros Bobby and George for being such good friends and we hope we will see you later this year. If we can get a booking from Belfast directly that is.

THOMSON LEAVE ARILLAS !   :cry:

Some of you may not know that Thomson holidays is planning to pull out of Arillas and leaving families like Spiros and Poppy in the lurch with no contract for next year - after at least ten years excellent service for the company and its clients, with very little income for the rooms they bloc let to the company. This is not acceptable for big companies like Thomson (now owned by TUI a German company) to just drop people and leave them unemployed for no good reason at all. If like us you have stayed at the Bardis Sun Studios and have had a wonderful holiday as we did then contact Thomson holidays either in writing to their Head Office at Thompson Holidays, Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London NW1 7SD or you can post a message on their website: www.thomson.co.uk.

PLEASE MAKE THIS PROTEST otherwise when you go to book your holidays next year in Arillas from the UK you will have no choice where to go. Particularly those of you from Northern Ireland will not be able to book Arillas and you'll be fobbed off to Sidari or one of the bigger resorts which I can assure you you certainly will not enjoy! So let's get together and make lots of noise to Thomson so we can all enjoy Arillas and super holidays at the Bardis Sun Studios for many years ahead. Thank you
JEANETTE AND ALAN <thornton_jeanette@hotmail.com>
BALLYCLARE, Ireland - Monday, July 25, 2005 at 23:47:35 [/b]
Looking forward to Arillas June 05!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Bardis & Others
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 04:25:38 PM »
I think we all would like to know what's going on with Tour Operators such as Thompsons and Manos. As you say, they seem to dictate to us where we should spend our Holiday. I have been told many times about people wanting to go back to a specific place in North Corfu only to be told it's " not available? "
I think the biggest problem is that more & more people want cheap holidays, so to "shave" something off the price, someone has to suffer.
Tour Ops then seem to target the appartment owners  by cutting  their " Price per bed rate" Appartment Owners then have to, possibly, cut back on their staff and any plans they had for possible upgrading of rooms.
The bottom line is that a £200 14 day holiday becomes a get what you pay for. A small minority of people then complain about a ruined holiday. I think all users of this forum don't mind paying a little extra to stay where they like and go where they like but it's being made more difficult each year for us.
We go flight only every year and book direct with the owner but even this is becoming harder and more expensive. This June we paid £209 each with Brittania for 14 days. Next June, same Airline the price at the moment is £251.
That makes a mockery of booking early, doesn't it?
You are right to complain and I am sure many people, whether they have stayed at the Bardis or not, will back you up.
We all owe this to the owners who make our stay in Arillas a good one.
Regards
Negg

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
BARDIS SUN STUDIOS - TO BE DUMPED BY THOMSON HOLIDAYS !!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 09:36:52 PM »
i have all ready emailed thomson, i have stayed at the bardis hotel for the last 5 years some times twice a year. i think they are treating the people of arilas badly. this isnt the 1 st time that they have done this, some years ago the same thing happened at the arilas bay. i will be returning to arilas next year and the year after thomson certainly will not dictate to me where i will stay!!!! alex

Offline Ronan

Bardis Sun
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 03:35:46 PM »
Myself and my wife just returned from Arillas- we stayed at the Bardis Sun Studios :D . The hospitality and genuine welcome from Spiros; Poppy; Bobby & George was overwhelming. They could not do enough for you and were always so pleasant & friendly. I was saddened to hear that Thomsons are screwing them :shock: . Getting paid next to nothing to provide such a great service is terrible. Companies like Thomsons are notorious for squeezing every last penny from the locals. I hope the Bardis Sun Studios make a go of it independently and bypass the vultures. I'd certainly go back.

Booking.com