Author Topic: adding pictures to posts  (Read 32109 times)

Offline p.d.

adding pictures to posts
« on: March 14, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »
perhaps someone can help i'm trying to post a couple of photos here managed to put one onto arillas beach photos (maybe of interest to phil) but cannot work out how to post here

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
Re: adding pictures to posts
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:26:01 PM »
Hi p.d.
I had the same problem as you and someone kindly
helped me out. Hopefully they will help you too, as
everyone just love to watch new photos.

Connie x

P.S. Here's one of mine from Moraitika.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »
Hi P.D it might be worth your while registering with http://photobucket.com/ you can upload your pics to Photobucket any size you want as there is image editing software on the site for re-size your photos the option to choose for the Arillas.com site is best at 640x480 any larger and you have to scroll across the page
Once you have resized all you do is hover your cursor over the thumbnail of the pic and a pop up box appears below the thumbnail click in the bottom box IMG code you will see it says copied then you just paste it into your post on here and your pic will appear when you post the message
Hope this makes sense ,any probs gimme a shout
Tony

Offline p.d.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 06:13:08 PM »
thanks tony will take your advice and try some more soon.Sunflower watch this space. 

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »
Connie, If thats the view from your balcony I cant wait to stand there with you for real. love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:54:28 PM »
Viv, my house is a bit further uphill to the right, but the
view is exactly the same. Absolutely stunning!
Looking very much forward to see you, Janis and husbands.

Connie x

Offline Anne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
I can vouch for the view - it is absolutely stunning. xxxxxxxxxx
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 08:33:43 PM »
I'm not a fan photobucket myself. I use Luna pic - no registration needed. It's a photo editing site which makes it super easy to resize your photos in seconds if you're not up on that kind of thing.
It also gives you the relevant codes depending on where you're posting your photo's eg, html, forum, url links.. etc

There are loads of similar sites, just search 'free photo editing' and something that suits will pop up :-)

Rachel x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »
OMG! A post that I missed, and it was addressed to me. I am so sorry p.d. And it was two years ago, March 2011. Totally too late, me feeling guilty and lost. Life is a bitch and then you die. Doubt you will see my apology.

If you do, please let me help you post that picture.
Phil

Offline Anne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 06:36:41 PM »
Please can you tell me if Dropbox works the same as I have all my photos in there!
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 09:13:24 PM »
Ann, you can share photos, but I wouldn't share from my Dropbox account as it contains other files. Documents etc.

I always think that if you give someone a link to online data storage, it can be an opening for them to find more things. I use Photobucket, which, after using many other sites over the last 10 years I think is the best. It only has photos that I share, anyway and I am not bothered who looks at the files.

You can't share files on Dropbox as easy as you can from Photobucket.

I see that Rachel doesn't like Photobucket, but its horses for courses, and the best software or website is the one that you are used to.

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 09:13:43 AM »
Hi everyone, I can see this is an old thread but hope someone will respond. I'd like to upload some videos, any advice on how I do that? Thanks

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 01:12:24 AM »
Hi Sinbad,

Are the videos on YouTube or Facebook? or are they from your computer?

You can just copy and paste the URL/web address at the top of the page for YouTube videos - copy it on to here, highlight the link then select 'insert hyperlink' (the globe button) and then click on preview to make sure it has worked.  - Usually the whole video pops up so you can see it and not just a link. There's also a YouTube button on here as well but i have never used that.

If you want to share a video that is from Facebook, just do the same thing but make sure the video is set to Public first so that anyone who is on Facebook will be able to view it - You won't see a video this way, just a link to click on that will take you to Facebook. You'd need to be logged in to view it.

As for a video straight from your computer - I'm not 100% sure but I don't think that you can upload a video file straight from a computer to here as it needs to have an embedded code - which is what you get when you upload to sites such as YouTube etc

Hope this is helpful :-)

Rachel x

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 08:52:29 AM »
Very thanks. They are my own photos and videos - so I'll do my best! Thank you

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 03:37:16 PM »
Create a YouTube account and upload to there.

To get started uploading videos on YouTube, follow the steps below:

Sign in to YouTube.

Click the Upload button at the top of the page.

Select the video that you'd like to upload from your computer. You can also record a video from your webcam or create a video slideshow.

Before you start uploading the video, you can chose the video privacy settings. As the video is uploading, you can add information (e.g. title, description, tags), change your privacy settings, add the video on a playlist, choose a custom thumbnail or decide if you’d like to post it to Google+ or Twitter.

You can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you deselect this option no communication will be shared with your subscribers). Partners will also be able to adjust their Monetisation settings.

Make any changes you want to the video settings and information, then click Publish to finish uploading it on YouTube. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people.
Once the upload is complete, we will send you an email to notify you that your video has finish uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family to share your video easily. If you prefer not to receive a notification, you can opt out by visiting your email settings.

When the video has uploaded play it and a screen as shown below will appear. You can either copy the URL at the top of the page or click on Share.

To post the video in a comment just paste the URL as example below.

Another online place is Vimeo - ( https://vimeo.com/home/myvideos )

Booking.com