Author Topic: 0850 Departure Ex Gatwick!!  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
0850 Departure Ex Gatwick!!
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
I have a dilemma, so maybe you lot can offer some opinions on what decision I make.

This year, we fly from Gatwick 3 hours later than we normally do.  Usually, we head off to the airport and stay in a b and b for the night.  This time I`m not sure as to whether or not to drive up in the early hours and dump the car at a car park or stick to our usual routine.

What would you do if you had the same flight time and a three hours or so drive??

Yammas,  Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: 0850 Departure Ex Gatwick!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »
It's a toughie Paul. Us two would go for whatever was the least stressful. But not at any cost. Car parking and airports = money,money,money.

In the end, we would want to feel as relaxed as poss, given the budget. Sadly the EJ from Bristol means flying at 6pm and getting home at 1am for us. Only an hour or so for my first Mythos....

enjoy
Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »
I agree with Phil....whichever is less stressful for you. This year we fly from Gatwick at 6am....and with my dad, we are definitely doing the B&B option. On my own,  I get a coach from Southamton at 2am......happy days....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:49 PM »
A while ago I would have said that Sandy luvver - on my own I'd suffer the pain and take the cheapest. But these days the few extra quid seem to be more and more worth it... It's not an age thing, it's called sense so they tell me. I've never had much of that though.

loveandhugs
 Phil

PS - will you join us, Eileen, John and Dot in Ammos one July afternoon?

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:10 PM »
Yes please....love to!!
Sandy x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »
Move up
Can I sit there please, are we staying till Sun Set, must bring the camera, dont forget the camera.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
Paul if your travelling when the roads will be quiet I would drive across park up and have a nice few drinks and relax as the holiday has started.

Like Phil we are also doing the tea time flight from Bristol, which is not so bad for me as it means I can still be working until I get on the flight and switch the phone off.
Hopefully we will have time to grab a drink or 3 at the Horizon bar before we go to our room.......happy days
Ang

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
Our flight used to leave manchester about 0620, normally we would get a taxi at some stupid time but that didn't bother us as the roads were clear untll one year we got almost there and there was a huge mass of trucks in front of us with cargo and we were only just let through check in , they hade been tannoying for us.
Since then the flight has been changed by 45 and goes at 0705 but we just feel that its better to be there, so go the night before. We also have day before luggage check in so that in the morning we just go straight to surcuity. Makes the whole day so much more relaxed. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »
paul
if you do drive up ..look at my post on meet & greet at gatwick ,,,,yammas

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 12:26:27 AM »
No brainer...B&B at Gatwick, we have stayed in some great ones, which were only £70 per room and included 2 weeks parking and transport to and from airport, check in have a nice meal a couple of drinks, last time was 3 years ago as we fly from Norwich or Stansted if poss both close to home but sure prices cannot have risen much.x

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 11:42:29 PM »
Well, all things considered, we wil be staying at the b and b we`ve stayed at before.  Cost us around £110 bit £60 of that is the room with a marvelous breakfast. We`ve not ordered food on the flight, so a hearty breakfast is a must.

Yammas,  Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com