Author Topic: Weather this week in Arillas  (Read 82159 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Weather this week in Arillas
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »
Have a beer for me Georgia and enjoy your hols! :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2011, 10:03:41 PM »
Faceache back again. Sorry.

Loved your post Georgia. Like us you live in rural England and appreciate Arillas in a way that only people like us can. And talking about knees... have been looking for a description like that for ages. Will plagiarise shortly... So glad to hear from you. I think you understand our Arillas thing better than anyone except Jen.

loveandhugs from both of us
PhilnJen

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »
looks like its gonna be in the 30s this week ,,cant wait to get there ,,my milk bottle legs need some sun ,,lol..yammas

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
6.45 here so 8.45 there and it's already 29 degrees.....
Sandy x

Maggie

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »
It is VERY hot today in Arillas. If you are visiting soon, come prepared to protect yourselves from the sun.

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Hello forum members!
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 01:48:22 AM »
Home to Norfolk...goodbye to home Arillas! Wonderful time as always, long walks getting out at 7am to beat the heat, so much good food....how much calamiri can one woman eat......lots!!!! Loved to visit Arillas away from our usual time, ;loved to see the different flowers and wildlife...the bullfrogs and snakes..but second week was a little hot for me...must be a lightweight??
Spent a fantastic afternoon at st Georges cove and then once the sun set had dinner at the Night Owl, heard much about it from other members..u are right lovely lovely place! Off to bed lots of dead heading and watering to do 2moro!!!xxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 02:16:09 AM »
See, it makes life worth living. Crap engulfs us all. But somehow the spirit of the folk who live there in Arillas makes it better.

Home to Norfolk...goodbye to home Arillas!

Georgia luvver, like us you have two homes. For you home Norfolk and home Arillas. For us home Somerset and home Arillas. Our Somerset connection is looking more and more wobbly these days....

So glad you had a great time in Arillas. I wrote a huge post in response to your thread, but it went pear shaped and logged me out of the forum. I reckon Dimitris is censoring posts that are too positive about the place....

loveandhugs
Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »
11th june ,,a few days of beezy but hot weather ,,yammas

Offline newbies

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 11:53:47 AM »
Hi all, we are new to arillas but have read great reports on the place and have been looking at the forum for a few weeks now so thought we had better join in, i must admit as our holiday approaches we are starting to get a bit worried about the weather, but hey ho it still beats 14 degrees and cloud in bristol, hopefully by the time we get out there the weather will have turned and we can enjoy all arillas has to offer to the full.

pete & naomi

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »
Hi Pete and Naomi - don't worry about the weather. Ignore what weather forecasts say and just go and enjoy! We went the last two weeks in May and the forecast given included a few days of thunder and lightning and rain....  Most of the "bad" weather swirled around Arillas and missed it! We heard a few rumblings, we had about fifteen minutes maximum of rain and then it was hot again.

Take plenty of suncream and enjoy!   

You'll be back time and time again!

Janis x

Offline newbies

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
Hi janis, thanks for the reply, we still have a couple of weeks to go yet so fingers crossed it will be good weather by then.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »
Hi "newbies"
Janis is right. Weather from now on will be hot. Can be spectacular too. Sudden storms like a child's tantrum - over and forgotten in no time. Mistraio - the Sea Breeze with attitude that can blow you off your feet - our Eileen will chuckle remembering me catching her as she was nearly blown into the sea. But please remember your factor 15+ or you WILL burn. Far more interesting than Rhodes, where it is just hot 360/365 days of the year. We had 25 degrees and sun last week of October last year, and no rain for the whole week.

Have a fantastic time, and tell us all about it when you go back abroad to the UK.
Phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »
Hi All
We had friends staying in San Stef, just got back from 14 days and they were worried before they went as the long range forecast for their stay was terrible...at least 10 days of rain. Even the BBC forecast was poor, but like 99.9% of long range forecasts it was so wrong it was a laugh.....they in the end had 20mins of rain one night

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »

Rain was forecast when we were there, we had dark clouds early one evening and heard thunder, the next day a few drops of rain fell,  not enough to ripple the water in the pool.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline charjep1

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2011, 09:43:57 PM »
Reading these posts has made me feel better; I'm flying out to Arillas on Monday and the forecasts keep changing from sun to rain and thunder! I'm praying for some sun.

Booking.com