Author Topic: Weather this week in Arillas  (Read 82165 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Weather this week in Arillas
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:40:45 PM »
Just looked at the website forecast - it looks just lovely for the next week. Dry, warm (18 - 20deg day time, 11 -12deg night time) and a few clouds. Perfect for long walks on the beach. It has been like that for most of UK today, and we have all commented. FB is full of it.

Roll on Spring and Summer, and getting us all there. Only a few weeks till Sara, Eileen and Sandy are there. Looking forward to following their visits, and all the others to follow.

Spring is sprung, the grass is ris, I wonder how Arillas is....
Phil

Maggie

Re: Weather this week in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:41 PM »
Phil, Arillas is fine! The weather is improving, lots of work going on, so by the time all you visitors arrive, it will be perfect.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 12:04:50 AM »
Just can't wait.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »
Thanks Maggie. Jen and I would be there no matter what. Hope everything is settling in for you and Gordon. Maybe see yous in July.

Phil

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »
I'm with you on that one Phil - and I think the Spike Milligan quote was nicely adapted
 :-)
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Nan

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »
Absolutely agree with this last post Glenda9Jacob welcome to the forum. Always nice to see new comments on here.

See the Photo Gallery I have some pictures of Arillas in October ....I think there was a lot of "weather" that week! :-)

I am just getting ready to leave for the airport now and can't wait to see Arillas again.I'm sure we will see some thunderstorms this week they are a spectacular show. Always a pleasure to be in that happy place.

Cheers Nan x

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »
I must have missed you telling everyone you were going!!  Have a fab time, Nan, as always!

I also hope that everyone else going soon gets there as planned and a good time is had by all x
Cheryl O

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 03:23:56 PM »
Just home after working 5 hours in a 23/24 deg heat.
(5 hours in one day? - Wotsallthat about?)

Anyway, what a lovely day it is. - Sure there will be more to follow.

Cheers
Negg

Maggie

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »
Oooohhhhhhh!! It was very warm at Sharons pool bar this afternoon!!!!:-)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 09:38:09 PM »
What on earth were you doing for 5 hours Neill???!!!! Someone must be working you hard.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 12:16:48 AM »
The website forecast is largely overcast for the next week. Dry, warm and cloudy. Chance of Thunderstorm towards middle of next week, but unlikely. Hope it's sunny sometimes for those who are going on Friday/Monday.

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
I spoke to Viv yesterday (well, by text anyway!) and she said it was about 16 degrees and raining... Still, we'd rather be over there in the rain than over here in the rain!
Overcast weather in Arillas is not bad - it enables us to walk up to Afionas or walk up to see Nikos at Akrotiri...
Thunderstorms in Arillas are not bad - in fact they are pretty spectacular - and what better way to watch than to to sit in a bar with friends and enjoy the experience?
Rain in Arillas - well that's good too - it waters the plants and flowers that enhance our experiences there, and, as Nan says, it dampens down the dust.

So - all is well!   We leave in the morning, arriving at Corfu airport around 20.45 and looking forward immensely to it !!

Janis x

Nan

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 12:02:11 PM »
Spent a blissful early morning snorkelling by the jetty. Calm and crystal clear sea meant lots of fish- big and little ones. Yellow catfish there this morning never seen one like it before!!

Normal service has been resumed the weather is beautiful - sunny and warm not a cloud in the sky!

Had a little chat to Yiota on the way back from the beach. She sends her love and looks forward to seeing you all soon

See you very soon Janis xx

Cheers Nan xx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »
Yes, Nan, we'll finally get to meet! So glad the weather's picked up....

You've already met our good friends Joan and John (last September) and we're all coming over together and staying at Kaloudis Village

See you soon!

Janis x

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 11:23:21 PM »
Just over a week until we arrive in arillas. I was getting a little worried with all the thunderstorms forecast. We came out at this time two years ago and were told that we were fortunate to have had good weather.

Booking.com