Author Topic: beach  (Read 24429 times)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
Re: beach
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitris. All looking good. See you in 5 weeks today.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 03:18:37 PM »
Thanks Dimitris (and lovely to have you posting on the forum - we miss you!).  The beach does indeed look much better, particularly from this time last year.  Here's hoping that the wind keeps on blowing in the right direction!

Offline David and Edna

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 11:58:06 PM »
Thanks Dimitris, beach looks great, will be touching down in Arrilas 30 th May for two weeks, when i brought my second son to Arrilas he was studying for his o levels, he is married now and provided us with our first grandson in January, often wonder where the 18 years have gone

David and Edna

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »
We are stardust. We are golden. And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden...

Beautiful words, Phil - Woodstock in Arillas? Great idea!

Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 02:10:26 AM »
I reckon I was 15 when I heard those words Janis luvver. And it was 2002 when I realised where my garden was. I now spend my life trying to get back to my garden..... And lucky enough to know that my Jen is in the same place with me.

Thanks for your chats and company on FB

loveandhugs
Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 03:04:47 AM »
Hi David and Edna, we will be arriving from Manchester on 30th May flying with Thomsons  are you on the same flight?

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »
When we first came to arillas in '98 the beach was the biggest we've ever seen it, about 30 yards at the north end and only knee deep water for about 50 yards. I've often thought since that the addition of two new jettys, one outside kalloudis and the other at the other end of the strip would increase the beach size, but I guess the cost would be huge and probably beyond a whip round from forumites.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »

Think it's the position of the headlands either side of the bay that govern how much sand is deposited on our beach. The wind is the main factor.

SO... Now I'm wondering how much it would cost to chop a bit off each headland.

Val x   ;D   Lol.

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 09:01:07 PM »
Of course you're right but jetties would act like the breakers on some british beaches and stop it being washed away so easily.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 06:34:38 AM »
I would do anything to bring back the beach to how it was when we first saw it in 2002, you could walk almost to the end of the jetty then and as you say the water was shallow for a long way out.
 Oh well, we will keep the headlands and say our prayers that the beach comes back because I don't think we would be allowed to build breakers either.
 Perhaps the Arillas stone gatherers could do it surreptitiously...... lol

Val x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »

The beach today looks beautiful but Nan reports that it's strange underfoot with undulating sand banks ie. shallow then deeper then quite shallow again, so, beautiful but a bit different. 8)

Val x

Offline David and Edna

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 11:56:57 PM »
Hi David and Edna, we will be arriving from Manchester on 30th May flying with Thomsons  are you on the same flight?

Hi Val, we fly out 19.45 with Thomsons, arriving early hours on Tuesday. Tom2153 flight. sorry for not replying earlier

David and Edna                                   

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 12:11:30 AM »

No problem Dave and Edna,  sorry we are not on the same flight. we leave Manchester at 14.40 but maybe we will meet sometime in Arillas.
  We are staying at the Mathraki.

Val x

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
I'm sat looking at the beach as I type this. It is bigger than it was two years ago but still hasn't returned to it's former glory. It almost disappears near to kaloudis and you need to have a paddle to reach the nudist beach (I didn't venture that far). The North end of the beach is the best part but unfortunately no sunbeds on it yet. The weather's lovely by the way and there hasn't been any of the thunder storms forecasted.

Offline raff

• www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 09:23:36 AM »
Mick, what about my end of the beach!!!!  keep the reports coming.  Not long now.

Booking.com