Author Topic: van rental  (Read 15544 times)

Offline jalal

van rental
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
Is it true that you cannot rent a van in Greece? I need to move some large furniture around and thought I could just rent a van for a day and do it, but there seems to be no van rental places and one site said that it is not legal to rent one.

Anyone know of how shift things around in Corfu?

Offline Simon Wyett

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: van rental
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »
You still cannot rent a van in Corfu. You have to find a man and a van! Where do you need to move from and to?

Offline jalal

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »
hi simon

I do know a 'man with van' in Arillas, but I was hoping not to distract him from his work too much. Basically was thinking of going over to Ikea on the mainland for a day.

Thanks.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 11:57:56 PM »
Jalal - our Eileen posted (might have been on Facebook) about a day trip to IKEA. It didn't interest us, but maybe you. You could send her a Personal Message - she's an incredible fount of knowledge about everything and very good at answering. (I'll pay her when I see her in July.... in alcohol in Ammos!)

It's lovely to hear you're joining the Arillas residents. An incredible group of gorgeous people. Please stay with us all on the forum.

Phil

Offline jalal

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »
Thanks Phil, I'll do that.

Drinks at Ammos are the standard method of payment I gather?

cheers, jalal

Offline p.d.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:27:52 PM »
hi jalal,
 i think you will find that most furniture shops will deliver at no extra cost this has been our experience on corfu island. I do know that ikea also deliver to corfu but maybe charge for this. hope this helps

Offline Simon Wyett

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 11:19:55 AM »
You may be better off buyng one then selling it again at the end of your trip, my sister did this a few years ago.

Booking.com