Author Topic: New Virus Please Be Careful  (Read 6868 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
New Virus Please Be Careful
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »
This is not a hoax - I have already had to remove it from two machines in two hours today

Please be careful when using the internet and make sure your anti-virus software is updated regularly.

If you do get it,  Malwarebytes will detect and remove it........... http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Don't trust any sites that you don't know about that say they have software to remove the virus.

I think two house bricks should sort out the people who write these viruses - Whack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I assume they are male )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12933053

Offline Vaughan & Angie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: New Virus Please Be Careful
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:33:31 PM »
Thanks TerryW, I have downloaded and am scanning as I type.  Cheers.

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
I'm with you on that one Terry, 2 housebricks should do the job.
Take care everyone - this is not just an "Internet" thing.
This virus is mainly (although not exclusively) delivered via email as a "zip" file. The current one is suggesting that you have got a parcel that could not be delivered so please click on the zip file for the full details/ collection label / etc. When you do this drops the bogus "Microsoft" Anti-Virus program onto your computer and from then on things only get worse!
Malwarebytes WILL do the job, but if the virus has progressed too far you may not even be able to log on to your computer to run it - in this instance you can usually log on as another user (if you have one setup) or "Administrator" (if the account is not disabled) - and preferably after starting Windows in "Safe Mode"
If you get really stuck there is a website called bleepingcomputer.com which contains a lot of very useful info.
The moral of the story is Don't click on any links in the body of an email, and don't open any attachments unless you KNOW who it is from - and just because an email SAYS it's from someone you know it doesn't mean that it really IS from someone you know!

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 05:30:48 PM »
Geoff i have had 6 emails with an attachment in the main email it says you have had a parcel delivered but no one was in then it goes on to ask you to open the attachment to obtain the verification number so that you can have it redelivered!
Strange as we hadn't ordered anything
Report as Spam and Delete
I run Avast anti virus and Ad-aware for malware removal  and both have served me well so far
Tony

riggers

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 12:06:03 AM »
Thanks for that Terry......Will download.....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 02:30:05 AM »
Terry m8 we use AVG free, but your link found an adware entry in the registry that was missed, and this software deleted it without me having to do it by hand. Thanks a million. It is like being raped when these scum invade your computer. I don't think the bricks would be a sufficient punishment...

Phil

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 06:14:49 PM »
Terry my laptop went off this afternoon and some weird message was displayed.  Managed to reset to 2 days ago and download the AVG - hey presto - I'm back in action.

Owe you a drink ha ha

Thanks Jill xx
Jill XXX

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »
I run Avast anti virus and Ad-aware for malware removal  and both have served me well so far

I had some silly problems with AVG updates so I also moved to Avast few moths ago and it has served me well :)

No sign of this dreadful virus on my PC or on my laptop, which is nice ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 11:07:02 AM »
Morning folks
Just a word of warning ,last night i logged onto Facebook and as soon as the home page opened my PC was infected by a Trojan Horse virus and Avast anti virus kicked in which removed it, after the initial scan of which 466 files were infected Avast advised me to run a boot scan  which i did it took 2 hours to run and  remove any existing infections  .
So please be careful folks ,I'm Afraid if it happens again on Facebook i shall be closing my account as it is full of spyware and viruses .
Tony

Booking.com