Author Topic: Website Screen Size  (Read 4161 times)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Website Screen Size
« on: April 02, 2011, 01:33:59 PM »
Has anyone else got this ,The webpage on the Arillas site for some reason has gone massive as i type this page is taking up all of my screen with no member list or tool bar links showing at all
It was Ok last night and it's only this site that has the problem all other visited sites are fine
Can anyone shed any light on this
Tony

Online justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Website Screen Size
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
Hi Tony. It's like the large print books you can get. Ideal for me - I normally only use 800x600 so I can see what's on the screen. My reading glasses don't help either. I should've gone to SpecSavers.... lol

Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:16:35 PM »
Hi Tony!
I have just had a new higher speed connection to my Virgin Media broadband (30mb), thought it was something to do with that and my iMac. As you say, the print size is massive and full widescreeen. Easy to read, but weird.
On logging in, the 'first' or 'home' page seems normal, then when I select 'posts since last visit' or anything else, I get the widescreen effect. A bit of a surprise, but very easy on the eyes! Perhaps Dimitris will update us soon.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 11:30:27 PM »
First noticed this about two weeks ago, it only happened occasionally if I logged on on Bills laptop so I thought it was the way he had it set, but late last night it happened to mine, and stayed that way. Don't know if I like it or not because I have to keep flicking around to look at things!!
  Do like the bigger font though, even though I go to Specsavers regularly 8)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Online justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »
Val luvver - my specs came from SpecSavers. But they specifically asked me if I wanted to combine near vision with looking at the computer, and I said no. Male pride to blame for so much...

But those who are used to tiny displays can cope with this larger size. What about those who would otherwise ignore our Arillas forum because they coudn't see it? Making it large might well help them join in. You don't have to have good eyesight to appreciate the offer that our Arillas hosts give us, but it helps.

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 12:59:55 AM »
 You could be right Phil,in the past I've often dismissed a book because the print was too small. As for pride.... male or female, it disappears with age, so take all the help you can get.Just like me. This includes bigger fonts. Lol

Val x

Online justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 01:08:12 AM »
Lol val luvver. Where will yous be in July? If I remember it is at Makris but never rely on my memory. We will be with Poppy and Spiros at Bardis Sun Sudios. Please come and say hello to us, or share an Arillas time with us. Slainte Cheers  Skol.... whatever...
loveandhugs
Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 01:16:56 AM »
Phil,  nothing wrong with your memory, we are at the Makris 30/07 to 6/08, don't worry we will find you and Jen if you do't find us first!!

Val x

Booking.com