Author Topic: Cashpoint  (Read 10028 times)

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
Cashpoint
« on: April 04, 2011, 02:30:42 PM »
Hi everyone, will there still be no cashpoint this year or is there any hope at all???

Maggie

Re: Cashpoint
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »
It's not looking like we will have a cashpoint at the moment, but we're keeping fingers crossed!!!

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:40:45 PM »
Lets hope so. It cost me a fortune last year using my card

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »
Thanks guys x

Offline Jooles

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »
Any more info available yet with regards to an ATM in Arillas this year?
What's the best thing to take if no ATM, cash or travellers cheques?
Any info gratefully received!
Only 3.5 months to go......wheeee!
Jooles

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 07:21:15 PM »
We take travellers cheques rather than heaps of cash. Many places will cash them but we always use Olga's Travel.

Hope it helps
Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »
Just Look at your Ticker Phil
SOOOON BEEEEE Thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 09:25:26 PM »
Hi Jools,much as it TERRIFIES us to have that much cash all in one place, we ditched the travellers cheques years ago and decided to take the risk as the commission we pay over the holiday equals quite a lot but FAMOUS LAST WORDS!! yikes..I would recommend if you are going down our route get a safe in the village then bobs your uncle

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
oh YES John! My ticker look better every passing day! Dinner at Brouklis and nearly three weeks in heaven. Aren't we all the lucky folk?

Overall on the Sterling travellers cheques we got about the same rate as if we'd bought euros in UK. Like Jo, we are terrified of taking large amounts of cash anywhere since I got robbed in Spain. Not that Arillas has anything like that at all - it's getting it from here in UK to there that worries us. Whilst in Arillas, many just keep their cash in their room, and don't even use a saftey deposit box. In the end Jooles, whatever you are most comfortable with.

Bring back the ATM!!!!!
Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:20:44 PM »

Hi Jooles,   we usually take enough Euros to see us through the first few days then change travellers cheques, although last year in Arillas we just took Euros and we had a safe to keep them in.... but two days before we were going home Bill confessed that he kept forgetting to put them in the safe so for the whole holiday the money had remained in the pockets of his shorts, in the beach bag or thrown onto his sun bed, as Phil says you feel safe in Arillas, but do whatever you are comfortable with.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 12:26:05 AM »
That's very interesting, Val - I think Bill and Barry will get on very well...... last year he "lost" all our holiday euros between getting up (early hours in the morning flight) and the taxi arriving to take us to the airport!
I had to do a lot of jiggery pokery on the internet swapping monies around and then got a rubbish exchange at the airport.
We found it when we got back - in our bed!!

At least when we went back in September we already had enough spending money!

Not taking any chances this year.....

Janis x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 10:01:57 AM »
I remember that Janis haha! Often wondered if it ever turned up!! My god, think I would count that as a slightly stressful start to your hols!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 04:10:15 PM »
Janis, I bet you really missed the cash machine last year then.

I sympathize with Barry though, because my trick is to put valuable things (usually money) in safe places and then when I want them I have completely forgotten where I put them.   I then give myself a panic attack!! Bill puts things away but when he goes back reckons they've disappeared, they are always there..... he just can't see them Ha Ha     Just thought.... bet Barry  made the bed that morning ;)     

Val x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »
also
im sure that once the season starts ,,our eggy usally puts the rates in resort on here , ,,,,so you take sterling ,,change it at arillas cars with theo and hire a safe while your there ,2 birds with one stone ,yammas

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »
Thanks Kevin, you have just reminded me that we have to take enough money to pay Theo for our July car hire when we go at the end of May, told him we would do it that way so it would already be payed for.

Val x

Booking.com