Author Topic: First Choice going all inclusive  (Read 9163 times)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
First Choice going all inclusive
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:45:59 AM »
Start of a trend? I don't think so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13005275

Surely the purpose of a holiday is to get to know the locals and savour local life rather than be pampered like a toy poodle ( no offence to poodle owners just an expression).
Still everyone to their own.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: First Choice going all inclusive
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »
Absoluty agree with you. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »
Some people like all inclusive so they know roughly how much it will all cost, but SORRY that's not for us! we prefer to meet the local people and experience everything they have to offer, not to be told where and what we are eating ....
Janis x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:23 AM »
Yep, I concur that it is good to have the all inclusive option but it is not for me either. As Janis already pointed out, I also enjoy meeting the locals and most definetly love trying the food in as many places as possible.

But each to their own and I love the freedom of choice ;)

Life is good ;)

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »
Count me in. I totally agree with all of you.

Connie x

Offline PMC

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »
Would never entertain the all inclusive idea, unless marooned on a faraway shore with not much going on outside.  The endless queues for soggy food, the concrete jungle hotel complex rammed full of people, the fighting for a sunbed, the same boring entertainment.  never ever never

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 08:10:45 PM »
I for one certainly wont be booking All Inc as we like to get out and about on an evening different Tavernas and bars walking home with a Gyro occasionally you cant beat it even though half of its blathered all over mi face  ,i can see that Families on a budget may benefit to a certain degree with soft drinks and ice creams etc .
The problem i can see is that if you book All Inc and the food is not up to standard or your expectations or even worse diabolical,  your up the creek without a paddle unless you take extra cash to cover a problem like that in which case you will spend more in the long run so can turn out to be a false economy.
I would certainly recommend anyone thinking of booking All Inc to do plenty of research on the particular Hotel they are thinking of booking as there are plenty of websites now that have reviews on most places it might just save you a few quid and get you a better holiday in the long run :-)
Tony

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »
I wasn't going to reply - you already know my views, which concur with all of the posts so far. But paula's words express it perfectly.
queues for soggy food, the concrete jungle hotel complex rammed full of people, the fighting for a sunbed, the same boring entertainment.  never ever never

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 09:25:16 PM »
Have done all inclusive usually in the winter when all all you want is a bit of sun, to see you through until Greece "opens" in May. We have always gone to recommended 4-5 star where the food is good and there is excellent entertainment and plenty to see and do during the day. Would not like to do this as our "proper" holiday.
 Don't know how First Choice will manage to market just this type of holiday as their only offering because at the cheaper end of the scale it will just be.......... cheap and nasty.
 Surely when you go on holiday you have X amount of money to spend anyway, so why pay up front for AI when you could have Paradise in Arillas with more fun and more choice, and probably for less money.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 10:34:32 PM »
Well as many of you will know, we often feel the 'guilt' for not taking the kids to afore-mentioned all inclusive resorts (our worst nightmare - not because we think we are 'above' all that just that we love having a saunter to decide which restaurant/taverna to go to that night etc).

This year as prices have been OFF THE SCALE we had a look and we still couldnt come close to what we pay in Arillas (everything in).  It would be great if we could afford two holidays but when I told the kids we had booked for Arillas their faces were a picture so thats all I need to know. I grew up going to Salou and loved it but I think that wherever my kids end up going in their adult life they will return to North West Corfu (well they will have to as their mum and dad will be living there :-))

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 10:41:41 PM »
All inclusive,in my opinion,is like somebody telling me what underwear I have to put on in the morning!
(Or socks if yoiu want to get personal)

Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
For some people though it works out much cheaper. My son and his partner can go all inclusive far more cheaply for a holiday, even than using my house in Arillas (where they would prefer to be). They paid about £750 each to go to the Dominican republic for 2 weeks (including alcohol)....if they had a fortnight at the Rainbow in August it would cost about £600 each before they started eating or drinking.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
Sandy luvver that is the point. When the deal makes it all possible you go for it. But our only experience of that was when Thomson offered us a week in Kaloudis at end of October, for money we could actually afford. It wasn't all-inclusive with drinks, food etc but the classic package. How could we refuse?

But our experience of meeting folks doing all-inclusive in Spain have been universally against. Limits on which food/drink/activities they could have made them pay for what they really wanted, in spite of paying up-front. Heaven forbid we ever have this discussion about Arillas. Reminds me of Dimitris' joke picture on April Fool's Day. <Shudder....>

Have a wonderful time. Sara and Eileen are there. You and dad shortly....
Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 09:39:44 PM »
Sandy, like your son we have done the Caribbean AI and find it good value, we spend less on two weeks there than two weeks in Arillas but as for Spain "ugh" no comparison.
  The bottom line is..... in Arillas we feel at home and would pay anything for that wonderful feeling and welcome that we get everywhere, for us it's priceless.

Val x 
The love affair continues.

Booking.com