Author Topic: 7th october hotel marvel  (Read 5680 times)

Offline juno

7th october hotel marvel
« on: July 31, 2005, 08:14:19 PM »
Does anyone know the size of this hotel? How many rooms approx?
we have booked to visit 7th october this year 2weeks, never been to Corfu or indeed any Greek place !  What can we expect food wise ?

How is the walk to the Beach, on an incline ? flat? 5mins 10mins ?
How much charge for air conditioning , although in October probably wont need it eh?
Can we pay extra day for  room cause our flight is not till am and vacating room midday is frightening . will need a shower  etc before flight home
Is there parking facilities ?
Car hire , are the roads scary to drive , speed limits, ??
Any more info/ tips  will be appreciated

juno

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
7th october hotel marvel
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 02:11:54 AM »
Hi Juno

Welcome to the forum!

The Hotel Marvel is very small, only 15 rooms and family run.  If you look down the list of threads you will find quite a lot of information that I have written before.  I have stayed there twice and have already had two weeks there in May/June this year and will be back there next Friday.

There are many great places to eat in Arillas (including at the hotel) and you can really eat anything you fancy - either Greek or English food.  Again, if you read the threads on this site you will find lots of recommendations.  

It is about a 7 minute level walk to the beach.  There is a supermarket right next door to the hotel.  Air conditioning is available - about £30 a week I think, but never used it and I don't think you will need it in October.  Parking is available behind the hotel if you wish to hire a car.  You will find everything is very relaxed and the Corfiots are very easy-going, welcoming and accommodating.  

I hope you enjoy your holiday - just ask if there is anything else you want to know.

Fiona

Offline juno

marvel
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 08:46:43 PM »
fiona
thanks for the info , really positive , certain we will enjoy

What happens when you check out at noon and flight not till am . say 4am

can we get washed and changed somewhere or leave the cases ?
dont fancy waiting around with our luggage
what have you done in past?

juno

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
7th october hotel marvel
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 10:20:15 PM »
Hi Juno

Sorry, forgot to reply about that bit.  Well, I think it really depends on how booked up they are as to whether you can keep your room.  The first time we were there we paid 25 euros and kept the room, last time we were able to use a different room for showering etc.  We fly from East Midlands very late at night and arrive there around 6am and then when we fly back we don't get picked up until around 1am as the flight is at 5am.  There is plenty of space to leave your luggage and don't worry it will be safe as houses as, by the time you leave, you will know everyone else in the hotel  :D

If you think you want to keep the room, ask Costas at the beginning of your last week and he will let you know later in the week.

Fiona

Offline juno

hotel marvel
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 10:27:51 PM »
fiona

sounds great to me

this time next week for you , have a good time

thanks again i love this site i feel as if i will know the place and people before i get there  

look forward to meeting kes / kath and yes definately in the bar for us !!

Booking.com