Author Topic: June Weather.  (Read 3358 times)

Offline EddieB

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
June Weather.
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:38:39 PM »
Will we need a jumper or a cardigan etc; for the night time in June??

I have read on another web site that you might need one.

We travel on the 20th of June till the 4th of July.

Ed.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: June Weather.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:55:02 PM »
I always take a cardigan....if not for the evenings, then certainly for the plane....
Sandy x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 11:23:48 PM »
I took one with me last June, but didn't wear it once....  :)

lynn xx

Offline EddieB

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

Ed.

Offline Lisanmark

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
Hi I am coming on the 30th may for 2 weeks and the weather forecast doesn't look good its give out rain for The first 4 days. Can anyone tell me if this Is correct. I am surprised there is any rain in June?

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 10:00:37 PM »
Lisanmark,

It can rain during any month especially when we come (June this year), so don't worry about it just do as my wife does and borrow a black bin liner, cuts a hole in it for the top for her head, as for me, my skin is waterproof. Then we take a gentle walk unless it is raining really heavy, if it is then we just stay where we are, have another drink and wait for it to slowdown and then make for the next watering hole.

Enjoy yourself and make new friends. Mick.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »
last june we had rain in the early morns ,and some fab thunder and lightning storms,,but the days were scortching..yammas

Offline Lisanmark

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
Thanks for your replys. I just hope I don't come back whiter than I went. Ha

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:33 PM »
Love the tongue-in-cheek MnM. Will be watching out for a lady in black bin bags..... Will she be selling doughnuts???

Never seen rain in July but have seen spectacular weather in September/October. I guess the risk of rain is very low in June, but can happen. We still have May and June to experience, so can't comment about it from being there.

Corfu is well north compared to say Rhodes, where the countryside is brown rather than green, and has sunshine 360/365. A forecast so far ahead LisanMark, is guaranteed to be wrong. You can follow how it develops on this site, but only about a week ahead.

Like Mick (MnM) says, you can always get wet inside. I reckon you're gonna be a winner - Arillas is so much more than just the weather. Enjoy!

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 12:52:01 AM »
Hi.before I worked in a school we always came in June and it was always scortching. You will be fine I promise x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »

Hi Lisanmark,   welcome to the forum, we too arrive on the evening of the 30th May and it won't matter a bit to see a few spots of rain. Not that we want any of course, early June is usually fine as Jo promised.

We fly from Manchester at 14.40 and we're staying at the Mathraki, where are you staying?

You will love Arillas the beach is beautiful and the village is full of good places to eat and relax in, you will have a wonderful time.

If you want to know anything before you arrive just ask on the forum there will always be someone who can answer your query.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Lisanmark

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 10:22:29 AM »
Hi val, well we are actually staying in paleokatritsa, but there forum doesn't seem to be working at the mo and I have been looking at the web cam on here. It looks a beautiful place. We are going to hire a car for a couple of weeks and come up to arillas. We are flying from Manchester but on the 8.30 am flight. Can't wait to get there now. We went to st George in 2008 and absolutely loved it.

Lisa

Booking.com