Author Topic: Photos  (Read 23568 times)

Nan

Re: Photos
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »
Amarylis growing in Arillas!

Nan

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
Cactus in Arillas

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »

Nan.... The Amarylis are beautiful, are they in the borders at the Mathraki?

Also, I forgot to ask if you will still be there when we arrive on Monday evening, hope  to meet you both.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Nan

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
The Amarylis are in the garden of the Thetis hotel on the back road to the beach turn left out of the Mathraki studios. They can also be found outside the bakery/cake shop yum yum just before Anna's studios turn right then left up the hill out of the Mathraki studios.

We have a meeting with the rep to let us know if we are flying out as scheduled at 5 pm. We are due to leave late Friday night so we will be long gone by the time you arrive........ but there again you neeeevvvvver know !!

Have a good holiday ValnBill  wish we could stay to see you maybe one day XXX  Nan

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
Thanks for your good wishes, sorry we won't meet this time.

Just watching the news on TV and it appears the ash has cleared and flights resumed all over the UK, in fact the volcano has stopped erupting, and the remaining ash is drifting northeast across Russia.

So looks like you will be home........ bummer. :( :( :(

Val x

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 07:27:34 PM »
Dai,

We arrive on the 5th July and would love to swap stories about your accommodation, what a lovely setting and such wonderful people and the turkeys and cockerels.... you know what I mean.

V

Hi Dorothy, Efi's isn't open yet but won't be long. I've seen Efi and Katerina several times and opening is imminent. Are you and Jim coming over this summer?

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
Dai,

We arrive on the 5th July and would love to swap stories about your accommodation, what a lovely setting and such wonderful people and the turkeys and cockerels.... you know what I mean.

V

Hi, well I'm here until 20th so drop in, you know where it is. Be nice to meet you and share a glass of something together.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »

Dai, I have looked at all your photos over the last few days but always revisit each posting when reading 'unread topics' to read all the posts of others....... and am I glad that your pictures are always worth another look, because otherwise I would have missed.........

effin arillas

And what a tragedy that would have been. This is absolutely brilliant. You are a real wordsmith, have you written anything else I should have read?
 Having only joined the forum last year I am afraid I might have missed the fact that you are a published author and are famous.

Are you?

Keep on writing and we will keep on reading.  Thank you for a lovely read.

Val x

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2011, 04:22:36 PM »
Hi Val, than you for your very kind comments.

I took an OU writing course at the start of the year and am in the very early stages of writing a novel, which will take a few years. The idea of being here is to help inspire me but there are many distractions. I have made some progress and have the outline of the plot and started creating the main characters.

The research will take a long time, much longer than  the time I have in Arillas on this vist, so that may need to be extended. If only......

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »
Hi Di

I too have just read and thoroughly enjoyed "effin arillas"

"fag butt's" that turned into fireflies, that took me back to my first visit late april/may 1994,I had a similar thought.....perhaps its a welsh thing.

I closed my eyes when reading about the frogs and could hear the choir above the silence interrupted only by the distant scooter battling to get up some hill.

Lovely piece of writing.

After the past few days Ive had(hospital ahhh) and after reading this I am soooo looking forward to the 13th June.

Looking forward to reading more..
Ang

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2011, 12:19:15 AM »

Dai,  Bill and I wish you the very best of luck with your project, though from what we have read in 'effin-arillas' you're not going to need it.

We arrive on Monday evening staying at Mathraki, if we see you we will say hello (only you  not  the bear). Hope it's in a bar, lol. See you soon.

Val x

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 04:04:02 PM »
Hi Val,

Guess you must be hear now so hopefully we'll bump into eath other shortly.
Hope to see you soon

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
Hi Di

I too have just read and thoroughly enjoyed "effin arillas"

"fag butt's" that turned into fireflies, that took me back to my first visit late april/may 1994,I had a similar thought.....perhaps its a welsh thing.

I closed my eyes when reading about the frogs and could hear the choir above the silence interrupted only by the distant scooter battling to get up some hill.

Lovely piece of writing.

After the past few days Ive had(hospital ahhh) and after reading this I am soooo looking forward to the 13th June.

Looking forward to reading more..
Ang
Hi Ang, where abouts are you from, are you still living in Wales. If you see me wandering around say hello, as I'll be here when you are here. Hope to see you soon.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 10:29:05 AM »
Hi John, yes I live in Wales, west of Swansea, Waunarlwydd.

Will defo look out for you, we wont be hard to miss as we always hire a quad bike for the week him with ponty tail me on the back and are staying at the Horizon top floor so If you see me up there give me a wave.

I see from your web page you like ponty rugby, I do a bit of work for a company from ponty...clue they sell beer

Booking.com