Linked Events

• Topsey & Caspar at Kaloudis: July 11, 2011 - July 22, 2011

Author Topic: Back in Arillas - yay!  (Read 5163 times)

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Back in Arillas - yay!
« on: May 13, 2011, 06:30:57 PM »
Topsey & Caspar (aka Steph and Martin) at Kaloudis (Roula's apartments)

Offline willis

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Back in Arillas - yay!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 01:28:38 PM »
It looks fantastic today. have fun.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »
Nice! :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »
Say hello Topsey and Caspar. There's a lot of us forum freaks there then. We will be spending quite a few hours beside the pool at Kaloudis/Splish Splash. Jen will be in it... But from what I can see, our feet won't touch the ground for our first week. Already booked for dinner at Brouklis with Johntheref and Dot on 12th - we are so looking forward to that - and so many we know to catch up with. Who said Arillas is a quiet little backwater????

Have a great time. But then I already know that you will.

Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »
I take it you mean you are actually there now Topsy ? If so enjoy!you lucky people 13 weeks and counting for us :-)

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
Hello  no, we're not there now,it was just the subject heading for the post.

We're there 11-22 July, for the 6th year running!  We went "independent" for the first time last year and were totally spoilt by it so, despite it being a little more expensive this year, we're doing it again.  Surprised they are letting us go back through after the electricity in apartment kept fusing and I (accidentally!!) threw suntan lotion all over the lovely white wall and it went green.... ooops!

Nan

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 01:44:10 PM »
Sorry folks but the rumours are true !!

WE ARE BACK IN ARILLAS NOW

The Mathraki studios are very quiet at the moment only three couples staying including us but a warm welcome as always. The bar isn’t opening until next week which means there is an acute shortage of Royal Ionian within reach !!! The Coconut and Malibu bars are open for drinks and football though which is lovely

Been for a little stroll around this morning for essentials such as red wine and chocolate chip cookies  Met up with Mary and Martin and his cousin Gill last night at the Brouklis . Little bit of an incident happened when a chap who had been having a meal with a lady got up and walked off. We thought they had had a row but NO he had asked her if she would like to have a meal (only just met up on holiday) and then proceeded to get drunk and leave her to foot the bill !!! Cautionary tale for solo lady travellers. So glad that has never happened to me!

The flowers are so beautiful here with Amarylis growing in clumps. This is very strange to see as they are usually grown one in a pot and although magnificent flowers they will seem so lonely to me now I have seen them growing together. The roses and geraniums are lovely and there are pots of petunias outside the Akti Arilla Hotel. The sea is clear and the beach making a bit of a come back this year, not so many stones.

Cheers Nan and Barry XX

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 02:46:24 PM »
Hi Nan, thanks for the report makes me want to be there even more now.

Not long to wait though 3 weeks tomorrow.

Enjoy

Jill xxxx
Jill XXX

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 06:46:27 PM »
Typical Nan luvver. If there's a scrap on you have to be there... Can just imagine the scene. What a swine he must have been. Our poor old Dimitris must have seen everything by now, or so he thought. Must give that a try in July.... I've always wanted to be a swine but somehow I can never quite get there.

So glad you and hub are livening up the place again. Give our best wishes to Mary and to Martin. We knew already though - Yiota spilled the beans on FaceTube. But she only mentioned you and Mary, and I suggested they should lock up their sons... She replied that hers were on the Mainland, good good!

Have a wonderful time. Wish we were there

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »

Thank you for the report Nan, don't think the Mathraki will be quiet for long though, according to Thomsons....... my sister-in-law booked on Friday and the earliest she could get was 24th June, don't know if it was the flights that were full from Manchester or if Mathraki is fully booked.

Tell Nic and Akis Val and Bill are looking forward to seeing them on the evening of 30th May and we would like room 9 if possible, (same as last year) beautiful views from the balcony and you can nosey at everyone walking down the road!!
 Keep us posted while you're there, it will feel like I'm having two holidays then.

Hope you both have a wonderful time, enjoy the flowers and all that an early holiday offers.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 11:34:30 PM »
Good report Nan
Things starting to arouse in Arillas
Sooooooo looking forward to July

As for doing a runner on the dinner bill
We best be alert Phil I can see the girls doing a runner with the euro's and us doing the washing up.

I can just see Dimitris now shouting out squeaky clean with the dishes, squeaky clean

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
pmsl John. I'll tuck a 50 euro note in my sandals just in case. I wouldn't put it past either of them though. I do have a feeling that Dimitri would let us sweep the floors instead.... No squeaks involved lol

Like yous two, we feel "just bring it on." Seven weeks seems like a lifetime to wait. Want to be there now and never come back.
Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 12:15:52 AM »
Dont want to spoil it Phil but I have a feeling it may be EIGHT WEEKS Arggggggggg

Nan

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »
LOL since when did you start keeping your money in your sandals Phil?

As the guy was leaving I was tempted to do a rugby tackle on him! As you know Phil I had trials for North Wales rugby team but was thrown out for gouging!! Never touched him honestly !

I promise to leave the place exactly as I found it and it will be ready for you all when you eventually get here .....The chooks are still clucking ValnBill

Nan x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »

Lovely, I do enjoy my brekkie at Mathraki.

Keep in touch and relax and have a good time, stay away from strange men 8) (not counting Barry of course). ;)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Booking.com