Author Topic: vegetarian taverna food  (Read 2670 times)

Offline greko-aidan

vegetarian taverna food
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:18:14 AM »
Hi all again. Getting v excited about my first visit to Arillas on 25th may !! Was wondering if there are any tavernas/restraunts that have a better than average selection of veggie dishes for my friend to enjoy. I know there are plenty of meat-free starters, salads and apertizers in Greek cuisine but having wasted many hours over the years scanning Spanish menus for something more exciting than the obligitory veg lasagne i was hoping Arillas might come up with something tasty.

Luckily, i'm not veggie so i can't to tuck in to something meaty and a cold beer :-0

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: vegetarian taverna food
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:29:08 AM »
Our son came on holiday last year and he had no problems finding good vegetarian options in all the places we go to. Most places will adapt the dishes to cater for veggies which pleased him no end.
Enjoy !!

Offline greko-aidan

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »
Thanks kriopigi girl, that'll make life alot easier. Always have probs on holiday when we mention the 'V' word. Waiters in Spain usually roll their eyes and point to the fish dish or the salads, grrrr. Cheers again, Aidan.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 12:54:39 AM »
My friend is vegetarian and she always enjoys the food they do at Brouklis....always a good choice of vegetarian there.
Sandy x

Offline greko-aidan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »
Thanks sandy, will put that place on top of my list for our first meal out. :-)

Offline KarenL

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »
There are also plenty of vegetarian starters.  Most places are quite happy to do two or three to make a main course, or add vegetables to make a main.
I'm a semi-vegetarian (vegetarian plus fish when pushed), and have never had a problem in Arillas.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 03:46:54 AM »
I am semi vegetarian too, and never have a problem in Arillas.  Agree with Sandy about Brouklis having the best selection, but other favourites are the stuffed peppers at Thalassa and vegetarian moussaka at Portofino.  Eftihia is also a good alternative.  I am sure your friend will enjoy the food at Arillas.

lynn xx

Booking.com