Author Topic: Clif path this year  (Read 80435 times)

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Clif path this year
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »
Dimitris, what`s the path like now please?
Lindypops.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:57 PM »
Just realised the date of this post by Dimitris. 
 It`s probably narrower now but you never know, might still be passable.  Can`t wait to see for myself.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline katmc1

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • katrina
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »
Just read about cliff path which I was wondering how it was as I do BIG walks doing 20miles a day when I am over, if the night before allows.When I did a walk last year september, october time I was looking forward to going along the path because of the chance to walk somewhere different I have spent 10years walking in san stefanos and arillas and around ,and out of all of my walks the one over the cliffs are one of the nicest I do.I found it so dangerous I had to go back the way I came which is something I never do .It is pity that the bit a bit further back was impassable due to brambles etc.And knowing my luck there would be a large hole for me to fall down...I hope they can do something as it would be a pity to lose such a nice walk for ever but as the greek economy is pants I cannot see any way it can be resolved but I hope it can be.

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »
It's definately the alternative route for us !

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »
But if your gonna go, what a way to go heh heh!!

Offline Angela66

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 09:04:42 PM »
So, obviously I have only seen pictures of this path and will not see it for myself until July.  I am trying to get a sense of how high it is and how stable?  If walking on the dangerous part, would you feel it was likely to crumble away as you walked on it, for instance.  It's just I do not want to get excited about walking along it if I am then likely to 'bottle out'.  Maybe if I crawled...

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »

Angela you can take the alternative route posted by Dimitris on the first page of this post (#10). This is the only safe route at the moment.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Angela66

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »
Ah, that's a shame, and I'll tell you why - although you will think my barking mad, lol.  Can you remember in Mamma Mia, there is a line where they are talking about the three Dads being in "the old goat house", this is said with lots's of expression and knowing, lol.  Well, everytime I hear people refer to the cliff path as "the old donkey track" it makes me think of that line.  Thus, I was really looking forward to walking up "the old donkey track". 

I hope at least one or two of you understand where I am coming form with this...

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »
Angela, we did the cliff path last year. No problemo. Was one hairy-ish crossing but was a doddle. note - do not do following A LIQUID LUNCH!

Offline Angela66

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »
Haha, thanks Jo.  Daren't have liquid lunches these days anyway, they just send me to sleep!  Mind you, you will soon recognise me if I have had a drink as I tend to think I am the best singer in the world and like everyone to enjoy listening to me, lol.  You would think I would know better after 45 years ;)

I've been listening to the Arillas song on YouTube and actually think it is rather good - my daughter just looked at me in an odd way when I played it to her though - maybe we should get One Direction to do a cover version:)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 11:07:30 PM »
Angela i'm sure I speak for most on this forum who are so excited for you to visit our Arillas this year. Please make sure that you tell us all about it good or bad (can't see this happening:-))

Offline jackson

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 06:09:52 PM »
im new on this forum so i hope this is ok isaw the path last july and it was vetually impassable

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »
I must admit, my memory failed me and I went that way in 2010 not 2011 and then there was only a sliver of ground to balance on that year so I can well imagine the erosion since.  What a great shame though. I am definitely walking a bit further along the North beach next time! Jesus!!!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
The path is repaired, thanks to Dimitris hard work.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »
Has any one got any photos of the repaired path please?

Booking.com