Author Topic: transfer times  (Read 5334 times)

Offline flipflop

transfer times
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get to the resort by coach?

thanks

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: transfer times
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:26:15 PM »
It depends on which way the coach goes.....it should be an hour to an hour and a half....but if it goes via Roda and Sidari it could be over two hours. If it's Olympic....it has been known to take 4 hours....but that is very unusual!
Sandy x

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »
It depends which way they decide to drop off, anything from 1hour ish up to about 3 hours. When you get to the coach ask if they will go via Arillas first and make up some excuse it has worked for us. Enjoy the ride anyway and if you go via Sidari, you will know why we will never stay there. Mick.

Offline flipflop

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
thanks, we are with thomas cook so hopefully nearer the 1 and a bit hours rather than the 3!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:31:57 PM »
It was Olympic who used to take the mickey with 4 hour transfers. Had one the first time - never again. The best route is towards Paleokastritsa, dropping off in Arillas before San Stef. Have done it in just about an hour with Thomsons. The taxi takes about 45 minutes (or less if you leave your hair behind....)

Phil

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »
I'd go for the taxi any day.  But as Phil said, you may leave your hair behind.  Wev'e done it in less than 40 minutes, and needed a Mythos on arrival!!!

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 05:08:04 PM »
We haven't done the transfer since 1998, as it took 3 hours and I was tearing my hair out by the time we arrived in arillas!

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »
We have only done a package deal and concur with the others, via Sidari 2 hrs plus, otherwise about 90 mins. Still a pretty trip to Arillas, though it does not look quite as nice on the return.

Booking.com