Author Topic: Advanced Passenger Information  (Read 11508 times)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Advanced Passenger Information
« on: May 30, 2011, 01:02:40 PM »
Now that a few of you have been to Corfu can anyone tell me if they had to supply A.P.I as i went online to the Thomas Cook site to fill the online A.P.I form in and Corfu is not listed although all other Greek destinations are which seems slightly strange!
I wondered if anyone has flown with TC from Manchester and has supplied the A.P.I as the last thing i want is a big fiasco at the airport when we go i know some folks were charged £30 per person last year for not supplying it.
If that's the case i would rather have everything in order and spend £60 in Arillas on a few extra Mythos :-)
Tony
Thomas Cook API Link http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/app/assist/g_id/8/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNjc0OTQyMC9zaWQvdEM3WUdldms%3D

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Re: Advanced Passenger Information
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »
Hi, Tony.  Not Thomas Cook but Thomson.  We had to do API with them. As you say, best do it, just in case.

Yammas,  Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 01:14:54 PM »
The problem is Paul if you click on the link Corfu does not appear in the drop down box and if you read the message above the box it says if the destination you are traveling to does not appear in the drop down you are not required to supply A.P.I which is what i find odd as the rest of Greece requires it
Tony

Offline CheekyVimto

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »
Hi Tony i think you would be better giving them a call or clicking on customer services on their website as they have a live chat option hope this helps

Diane :)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 02:17:17 PM »
Its well worth doing just to be safe. Saying that I travel with work throughout Europe and have never supplied the info, neither does my employer and I have never been asked or charged. When it comes to our holiday we do. It should be called APT, Another Passenger Tax. Apart from this forum, We've never come across anyone we know thats been charged and we seem to be the only ones who fill it in. Its very poorly run and advertised. What does it achieve? That you on-line entering data is better than you passport being checked at an airport by real trained border control staff. Pointless nanny state guff.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »
Here,s the link to the direct.gov site which is not very clear lol as they use the word may be asked ,there again you may not beasked but still may require API ;-0

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Foreigntravel/AirTravel/DG_176737

Offline Vaughan & Angie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 04:04:53 PM »
We are having the same problem, the AVRO website states API is not required for Corfu, however when Angie phoned them the girl on the phone was adamant (wasn't he pop star?) that we needed it, then upon checking her computer "the computer say's no".  What to do and how to do it???

Offline flipflop

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 05:04:34 PM »
i also tried on  the thomas cook website and corfu isnt listed but i logged in under the holiday reference number and managed to do it that way.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
Aaargh! If you don't, you'll end up paying valuable beer tokens at the airport, or disaster - not going at all, and I'll bet Thomas Crook will find a way to avoid reimbursing you. EasyJet make it simples (meerkat moment, sorry) but Corfu is not any different. Just make sure you have, unless you have money to waste.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 05:14:22 PM »
e/j .api can be done at any time ,,t/cook you can upload the info 1 month before departure ,,hope this helps ....yammas

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 06:40:35 PM »
We are flying with Thomson and filled api in online. Did so last year also.be on the safe side.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »
You definitely have to do it with Easyjet.
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »
Please some one. Tell me what details you have to complete on API?

To me it sounds like "Always Personal Information"

Probably wrong and I hope this benefits the passenger and not the Airline who then have your details to send you loadsa junk mail etc etc etc.

Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »
Did ours online TC 4 weeks ago.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
Cynic at work Neill. "Advance Passenger Information" You have it in one - another way to get personal information. They know everything anyway. And charge you for not putting it online so everyone else knows.

At least my predeliction for yellow toilet paper isn't such public knowledge...

I just want to lay naked on the North beach in Arillas. Everything else about me is known by HM Government. Maybe I can have a bit of privacy in my spot there without intrusion?

Phil

Booking.com