Author Topic: hi, i'm new and can't post!  (Read 3596 times)

Offline charjep1

hi, i'm new and can't post!
« on: June 07, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »
everytime i try and post a topic it says 'forbidden', apart from in this  part of the forum!

anyway hi everyone :) i'm going to arillas for the first time on monday 13th june, staying at kaloudis village. does anyone have any advice on what to do and where to eat etc?

also, how reliable is online weather forecasts of corfu? i've had a look at 14 day forecasts and a lot of sites have given out cloud/storms... :( i'm praying for good weather!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: hi, i'm new and can't post!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »
Hi charjep1
Only time I've heard of that is if you use the word w e b c a m without altering it like I did there.

Where can I start? Kaloudis has a lovely pool and a great atmosphere. Many forum members have only ever stayed there in dozens of visits. It is basically on the beach at the north end of the front.

Eat? could write a book! Just along from Kaloudis is Efthia - up a big flight of steps - sometimes looks closed when it's not. Have the extra garlic prans if you like seafood and garlic - to die for. Then Portofino - lovely food. I love the stamna. Then Marina hotel - also a lovely place to eat. Past the junction is Kostas on the beach - many choices and lovely food. Then Thalassa - we love it in there - a modern take on Greek food, try Penelope's chicken - then Mirage that looks like a tropical island, then Graziella - again garlic prawns to die for.

well that's the sea front, but many more including the famous Brouklis just back from the front. You can't try them all in two weeks, but wherever you go you can expect great food.

Welcome to the forum. Know how much you will love Arillas. Just chill!

Phil

Offline charjep1

Re: hi, i'm new and can't post!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:53:36 PM »
Hi Phil, thanks for the advice! I'd already noted a few of the places you mentioned down to look out for so I'll be certainly giving them a go. We usually eat out each evening so I'm glad there's so many places to try! I've just realised that I was trying to write web cam as one word when introducing myself, so that'll explain it! I'll introduce myself in a different forum now, thanks a lot! x

Booking.com