Author Topic: Mathraki Appts  (Read 58129 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Mathraki Appts
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 06:14:45 PM »
Neill mate, I read rick and annies post a while ago. I read them all in truth. I didn't reply because I already hog it on here. I agree with your every word. (Nothing new there then.)

Mathraki is just great, and Helens, on the way to Vavilas, is new and also just great. Many have agreed with that. A wonderful addition to our Arillas choices.

Phil

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
We would definitely come back to mathraki, we felt really bad as the first couple of days all we seemed to do was break things, but they were brill and now its a joke to see what we will break next. Nikos and atis are great guys, the apartments are clean and quite well equipped for greek self catering, we have been to places where there are only 2 rings and a fridge. the pool area is great even is the paving does get really hot you just jump in and cool your Feet off!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »

Hi Hels Bels,   We just love the Mathraki, in fact Bills sister is there with you now, their names are Sandy and Arthur, so just shout out their names and say Valnbill send their love.
 They are Arillas virgins and  have text us to say they love it, they arrived Friday night..... we gave them a map and they have already been lost twice while out walking!!

Give Nikos and family our good wishes, and enjoy the rest of your holiday, many thanks for passing on our message........

Valnbill x   
The love affair continues.

Offline AngieS

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »
Hi we are thinking of staying at Mathraki next year just read that there is a charge for sunbeds & umbrellas, is this true? many thanks Angie

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 02:17:46 PM »
They didnt when we stayed there Angie, it was 3 years ago, but i cant see them doing that, they are part of the pool area.
You have picked a great place to stay.
Sharon x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 03:42:26 PM »
Stayed last year Sharon and no charge then
Tony

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 08:25:43 PM »

No charge for sunbeds at Mathraki, but they should charge for the wonderful hospitality, Nikos and family are simply great.
The welcome you receive is priceless.

Val x

Online turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »
Just returned after 2 weeks in the Mathraki Appts.
What can you say. With hosts Nico and Akti you will want for nothing.
Nothing is to much trouble.
Throughout it is clean and tidy.
Our second visit and already looking forward to our 3rd next year
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
We are thinking of booking for Mathraki but we are scratching our heads to exactly where they are. We stayed at Kalloudas last year and thought we had memorised where all apartments were but even looking at google map with it marked and studying all photos we still can't work out where they are I feel sure someone will be able to enlighten us.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »
head up the main road ,turn left at amourada,heading towards san steph ,,as you go up the hill its the first turning on the left,to which if you follow that road it brings you out on the beach at the road next to effis yiammas,,x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 08:20:05 PM »
Pipped to the post, Kev!

I was just going to tell them that if they came out of Kaloudis and took the first left after Efi's and followed the road round, past the smallholding with the chickens and turkeys, past the Thetis hotel, and round the bend again they would come across Mathraki on the right hand side just before the T junction....

Indigo648 - if you follow this link (if it works for me...!!) it will show you, but it's basically not far from all the "action" (??) of Arillas: 

http://arillasmap.awardspace.com/

Janis x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:29 PM »

What nobody has said is that the Mathraki is only about 3-4mins from the centre of Arillas. We love it there, it is so quite, there being no children allowed, I love to see kids enjoying their holiday but peace and quiet when you want it is also valuable to us.

Val x

Offline indigo648

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 10:16:59 PM »
Thankyou we used to walk that way nearly everyday we liked the idea that it was small and seemed very friendly but there again everywhere in Arillas was friendly so it seems we have made our minds up.

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »
having just read post by Janis giving location directions of Mathraki has left me yearning for Arillas, the walk between Kaloudis and to Mathraki is one of my favourite walks,just for the joy of it always stop and chat to the chickens, they always respond! Got up at 6am on our last visit in May and walked to St George before the day hotted up, that was amazing, but could hardly walk the next day..not big on hills here in Norfolk, and our poor old bodies suffered for it, 10yrs ago would have been a breeze..ish!!! x

Offline adairsl

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »
Georgia
You are right that is a lovely walk.One of the many unexpected plesures we found when we first came to Arillas was the great walks and sharing the experiences of others so that you can always try new ones.We walk first thing when it is not too hot!
Your post already makes us look forward to next July when we return.
Oliver and Catriona.

Booking.com