Author Topic: Mathraki Appts  (Read 58150 times)

Offline Rick@Annie

Mathraki Appts
« on: June 08, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
Does anybody no if mathraki supply a hairdryer in the rooms?

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Mathraki Appts
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:27:46 PM »

Sorry no hairdryers at Mathraki. Also take a hairdryer with a long lead or a hand mirror,  as the plug is too far away from the dressing table.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Rick@Annie

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 09:36:43 PM »
Thanks for that Val. These things are handy to know. Ive taken a hairdryer with me on holiday before to find one in the bathroom. How did you find your stay at Matharaki? We have heard nothing but good reports and really looking forward to going there. We have been to Arillas before,2 years ago and stayed at the Dionyssis.

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:28:39 PM »
I took a hairdryer and straighteners last year but didn't bother with either of them - hair dried naturally within half an hour!  Just pinned hair up with a clip if I was too hot!  Definitely not bothering to take either this year when we return.....

Mathraki apts are lovely, clean, good value and oh so friendly.....  Never, ever returned to the same place twice before, but just couldn't stay away!

Valxx  (Another Val!)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:35:04 PM »

Hi Rick@Annie    the Mathraki is a lovely place to stay, the rooms are all the same size and the kitchens are well equipped ( if you want to use it), fridge with icebox, 2 rings oven and grill, everything you need, teapot, electric kettle, salt and pepper, egg cups even tea towels plus all the usual crockery. Large wardrobe with drawers under and a couple of small drawers. We also had two kitchen stools I think all the rooms do, but we always have the same room so not sure. 

The food at the bar is excellent and good value too, large English breakfast with eggs from their own hens, orange juice tea toast n jam,  4 euros ...... a good variety of meals served all day and evening.

The best thing about the Mathraki is the wonderful family that run it, nothing is too much trouble.

The pool area is kept nice and there are plenty of sunbeds and being adults only it's quiet.

You will have a great holiday.

We left on Monday after a very restful time.

Val x

Both Val57 and Valnbill were there at the same time last year!!
(missed you and your daughter this time Val57)

Offline Val 57

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:44:29 PM »
Ah Val - we'll be back!  Just have to fall in with the school summer holidays in Leics due to work!  Wish we could go earlier though - bit too hot for me in July/August.....  We arrive on 19th July, God willing....  (Hmm - not told hubby yet!)

Are you back at Makris in July?  Or have I got the months wrong?  Lee, (Daughter) and I enjoyed a week there in 2009 - first time we had ever been to Arillas and just loved it!  Correction - I've been to Arillas previously in 2004, walked over from San Stephanos, must say I prefer Arillas!!  (Times 100!)

Valxx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:50:33 PM »

Hi Val, yes we will be at Makris 15th to 30th July but will spend some time at Mathraki. We will see you and Lee then.

Val x

Offline Rick@Annie

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
Thanks Val and Val for all the info. Hopefully we might bump into you both, as we arrive on 9th July for 2 weeks.

Love Annie
xx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 11:39:04 AM »
Brilliant, see you then.

Val x

Offline Val 57

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »
Looking forward to seeing all of you at sometime during July! 

Val - we really enjoyed our stay at Makris, we had one of the apartments that was set back from the others,  so was very quiet.  Also, we enjoyed going to Helen's Taverna which was not far away from Makris - couldn't walk that far last year due to problems with my back unfortunately.....  But hopefully, we will manage to get back there this year - it really is a superb place to eat and very friendly!

Oh - 5 weeks Monday until we go - can't wait!

Valxx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »
Hi Val, I remember you talking about your holiday when we met you last year but didn't realize that it was the Makris you stayed at.

Thanks for the info about Helens we past it while walking last week and intended to go but went to Thomas's (fish) instead,  had a really good night but never got back to Helens.

Val x

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:01 AM »
Mathraki is wonderful have stayed there 3 times, clean and hospitable, but as anywhere in Corfu I believe no frills...so hairdryer, iron loo paper after first two rolls you provide those yourself...also if you want true comfort take your own pillow...just returned from 2 weeks in Arillas paradise cannot wait to return, but only thing that would have made it better...a feather pillow...pack that and cut down on the clothes...whatever u decide to pack as holiday wardrobe, look at it and then quarter it...add a tube of handwash liquid and pck yr iron, do yr washing as you boil the kettle for first cuppa and peg it out on yr bungee and pegs that you hve packed....dry in an hr! Enjoy!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 03:14:36 AM »
Even Norfolk rural folk can do the modern lingo Georgia luvver so it seems... Us yokels in Somerset make a reet mess of that.

Loved your report on Mathraki - well it agreed with my view as a visitor. Haven't stayed there yet but probably will. An ideal location for those who want to ogle Georgios who has taken over the supermarket that his old dad used to run. I detect a forum feeding frenzy happening already....

Moi? I am just like you - waiting to be home again. I love holidays, but I love being there even more.

Hope to meet you there one day soon.  You Jen and me could compare notes on life, sheep and everything....
Phil

Offline Rick@Annie

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »
When we were in Arillas 2 years ago Helens Taverna had just opened we were one of the first there for breakfast and then had a meal there every other night. The food was always lovely and Christos,wife and kids were really hospitable,cant wait to go back to see them.

xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »
Rick n Annie

Helens is a nice place to be and such a good family. It's on our list of favourite visits and Christos is very passionate about what he cooks and how he cooks it.

So many places to visit and so little time. - It's the same for us here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathraki is such a good spot to be in and also a super family. Akis is the whizzkid computer genius son who, quite often corrects any technical stuff that I get wrong.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com