Author Topic: RESTAURANTS  (Read 12082 times)

Offline billb

RESTAURANTS
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »
Hi going to Arillas for the first time in July and its my wifes 50th birthday . Could anyone recommend a restaurant to go to as we get there on the 18th and my wifes birthday is on the 19th .Thankyou

Offline CheekyVimto

Re: RESTAURANTS
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »
Hi Bill I dont think you could go wrong with the restaurants in Arillas they all serve good food but my personal favourites are Brouklis and Portofino, enjoy!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »
... or for the "restaurant" experience as opposed to the "taverna" experience - and please don't misunderstand, I love them both - Thalassa or Horizon.  I always feel as though I'm "going out for a meal" at either of these two places - and they are next door to each other on the sea front.  Fantastic, romantic, sunsets from both as well!

However, as Diane and Eric say(s) (!) you can't go wrong with any of them!!  Each restaurant/taverna has its own special quality.  We like to have our very first evening meal at Brouklis - a very authentic typical Greek/Corfiot taverna - if you arrive in time for your evening meal on the 18th, why not try that first?

Janis x

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 04:16:57 AM »
billb, keep it close to your chest and surprise her. We all have our favourite foods - mine is prawns. Several people have adored Eftihia's prawns with extra garlic so far this season. Just superb. Graziella provide similar. Just as good. You're there when we are - say hello and we'll say it in person.

It is difficult to recommend a place to eat in Arillas, because good food is taken as read. Occasional disappointments, very few, but never had one myself having been 12? or moe separate times. And other forumers many more.

If it's your first time, simply relate, smile and talk to anyone you meet. No ceremonies, no doubts. Just feel part of a community which is made up of people looking for what you are. That's us.....
Phil

Offline Vaughan & Angie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »
Hi billb, it is my 50th on the 20th July and I am already full of angst trying to decide where to eat, so much choice, so many fine people......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 10:18:18 AM »

Hi billb,  Brouklis is our favourite for our first meal as well, but must
agree with Janis, choose one of the many on the sea front, for a birthday meal you won't be disappointed.
On a Saturday night visit Marina for the Greek dancing, not to be missed.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline billb

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:45 AM »
Hi, thanks for all your replies.  It all sounds fantastic and can't wait to get there.  We're staying at Christos Apartments.  Are we very far away from these restaurants?  Sorry but we haven't been able to find a map to show exactly how far away we are from the seafront.  Thank you

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »
Hi Billb - there are a couple of maps on this website - click on "Map" on the left hand side and again on "interactive map" or "tourist map". I find the interactive to be better.
Christos apartments has a blue marker and is roughly (on the map) towards the left and about three quarters of the way up.
Christos apartments is about a ten minute walk down hill to the centre of Arillas, you have a lovely supermarket opposite (we always stop on our walks and buy an ice cream there!)
It is also about equal distance between Arillas and San Stefanos, so you have the best of both worlds!
A short distance away is the Gravia Bar which has fantastic views, and another couple of minutes' walk is our Nikos' new place - the Akrotiri Bar, aptly named because it is on the headland and offers absolutely superb panoramic views over both Arillas and San Stefanos.
Enjoy!

Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »
BillB have sent you a Personal Message - click on My Messages.

Phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »
Just follow your nose and before you know it every night will be like a birthday :-)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »
love them all, but think i agree with janis abouth the "dining" ........how about starting off with a cocktail in ammos, then wander along to horizon for a meal, finished off by another cocktail up on the sun deck.
now thats what i would like if it were my birthday!!!
ger x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 03:10:26 PM »

See, Ger we must be related,  Lol

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
The only bit we changed on our anniversary was the meal was at Thalassa. Important to us because that was where we were first welcomed to Arillas. Nothing wrong with Horizon, or Efi's or Brouklis, or Graziella, or.... any of them.
Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 06:06:57 PM »
That would be perfect choice Ger, I agree. The Horizon definitely has the classy edge I reckon.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
ha ha val, perhaps we are, have you already been or are you waiting for your trip?? we are there 4th july,just for a week this time.
ger x

Booking.com