Author Topic: CHURCH ?  (Read 7342 times)

nesty

CHURCH ?
« on: August 04, 2005, 02:53:24 PM »
When we went to Arillas for the first time in May I didnt see a church - is there one - if so where is it ??

We are going to Arillas in September and we would like to visit it.

Offline suzanne simcox

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
CHURCH ?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 03:06:43 PM »
Hi Nesty,

Yes there is a church,  not actually in Arillas, but if you head for San Steph by road and instead of turning left for San Steph, carry on along the road and you will see a sign for the school on the right hand side, it is a bit of a rough road,but the church is up right by the school.

Regards,

Sue.  :wink:

P.S. Hope this makes sense.  :oops:

Offline azzymo

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
CHURCH ?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 05:02:12 PM »
hey nesty, when you going in sept?  i'll hopefully be over then, wouldn't mind sampling one of the churches while i'm over too!

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
CHURCH ?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 05:56:35 PM »
Dimitris has put a posting on here that mentions a church - I think someone has asked that question before - its on here somewhere - I'll have a browse and let you all know when found it.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

nesty

CHURCH ?
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 07:22:15 PM »
thanks for the help so far chaps & chapesses !

We are over on September 5th 2 weeks - the reason for trying to find the church is that we celebrate our 40th WA next June and would like to try to get the marriage blessed. We intend coming back next May/June as well - we have got the bug

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
CHURCH ?
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 07:48:58 PM »
Hi Nesty (you old romantic),

The church of Analypsi ('Resurrection') is up past the BP station and just before the cemetery.  It is in a small square with the small school that Sue mentions, if you are lucky there may even be a festival on when you are over.  It is great fun and well worth an evening visit, you might even join in the dancing? :D

You can walk up to it via the main road out of Arillas to Magaloudes.  An alternative (daytime) route is to take the little road that winds uphill from the Galini, you will pass olive groves on the way, really quite pretty and rural.  After visiting the church you can walk down to Arillas via the main road, thus completing a circular tour. :D

I hope you manage to get a blessing arranged, I would love an invite if I'm there at the same time. hint, hint! :roll:

Eileenx

Offline Yiassou_TiKanis

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
CHURCH ?
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 09:15:14 PM »
Hi all!

My mum was literally just trying to find out about the church, because like Nesty, we didn't manage to find the church. Do you mean the road next to Brouklis? Thanks all!

Sarah xXx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
CHURCH ?
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 11:19:36 PM »
Walk past Brouklis towards the bakers shop & supermarket, go past them and carry on towards the bridge, but before the bridge turn up left  at the Galini.  (someone please correct me if my memory serves me wrong! :oops:  :oops: )

Eileenx

Offline suzanne simcox

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
CHURCH ?
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 12:46:15 AM »
Yes Eileen you are right turn left before the bridge and go through the woods and up a very steep incline and the church, school and M&S's house is there too, very nice little church. Hope you find it.  :wink:

Offline Yiassou_TiKanis

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
CHURCH ?
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »
Thnks a lot! We'll Check it out when we go! Only 4 more sleeps!

Sarah xXx

nesty

CHURCH ?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 12:51:44 PM »
Many many thanks for the information ......

I may go on a wander in September !!

Booking.com