Author Topic: Soya Milk  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Soya Milk
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:58:39 PM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if Soya milk can be bought in Arillas?

My daughter is lactose intolerant and can't cope with normal milk - thought we had found the answer last year in one of the supermarkets but was definitely not soya! I was convinced that the Greek writing said "Soya!"

Would be very grateful for your knowledge - thanks in anticipation!

Valxx

Offline Karen22

Re: Soya Milk
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »
You can get soya milk in at least two of the supermarkets, definitely in Alex's and the other one on the beach road (can't remember the name).

There are two types - a 1 litre carton, the name escapes me but the carton is green, it was a bit pricy at around 4 euros, and unfortunately it was the kind that curdles easily.

In Alex's they had small 500ml cartons, I think they were white & blue(ish!), they were under 2 euros so cheaper than the other one, and in my opinion much better tasting and no curdling.

They're both easily identifiable as soya milk.

Offline Val 57

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:53:14 PM »
Thanks Karen

That will make a big difference to our breakfast arrangements this year! 

It's quite surprising what a difference something like Lactose intolerance can make to a diet.  We only made the one mistake last year but she did suffer unfortunately....

Will save this to favourites so that we can re-read.

Valx

Offline Karen22

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
Hi Val

Just a thought but have you ever tried the powdered soya milk?  The brands I've tried tend to be a bit vanilla-ey flavoured  so aren't wonderful in tea or coffee but they're great for cereals.  Last lot I bought was from Tesco, its cheap as chips so usually worth having a small pack in your suitcase if you can't establish they have the real McCoy in a resort.

Karen.

Offline Val 57

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:43:49 PM »
Hi Karen

We've both looked in our local supemarkets and can't find powdered soya milk......  Daughter has checked in Tesco's and I've tried Morrissons.  Our town is only small though and we may find it in larger branches hopefully... 

Have you managed to buy it recently?

Val

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
We normally get ours from A+B the big supermarket on the left past the port as you go round the bend near Govia leaving Corfu town.

Or we take some out in our suitcase.

Ive never seen any in Arillas. Thats really interesting. Will have a nose in a couple of weeks.

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Val 57

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Given the amount of clothes she takes, I doubt very much she'd even get it into her case!

Perhaps if I ask at one of the supermarkets they might be able to get some - it's not a necessity but would be nice to have cereal sometimes in the mornings.

Val

Offline Karen22

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
It was definitely Tesco, it was in the ethnic section rather than anywhere sensible.  Must admit it was about 2-3 yrs ago, I didn't buy it again because it was too vanilla-y for tea & coffee.  I suppose it may not have been successful.  A quick google brings up powdered soya milk in Holland & Barrett but its a bit pricey.  Will have a quick look in Tesco next time I'm in and let you know.

At least you can go off to Arillas knowing there's a ready supply of cartons.

Booking.com