Author Topic: Putting money back in Arillas  (Read 2444 times)

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Putting money back in Arillas
« on: June 19, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »
Hi All,

Has anyone any other ideas for putting money back into Arillas.

We always buy 2 inflatables from Ina's shop for the pool and beach. At the end of our holiday we always give them back to the shop so that they can sell them again.We did the same last year with a surf board from a another shop.
When we take the beer bottles back, we never accept the refund.
Just curious if anyone does similar.

John

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Putting money back in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
We also do our very best John. We spread ourselves as best we can and care passionately that our wonderful hosts make enough profit to continue providing what for me is a fantastic service. Maybe there are many good ideas out there for ways of doing this?

How does everyone make their contribution? Post it on here and if everyone copies we could make quite a difference.

Phil

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:08 PM »
For the last few years we have booked independently therefore the money for at least the taxi, car hire and accomodation goes straight to the people of Arillas. Also try to eat in a different place each time, there are so many wonderful places to choose from but again the money is shared around. Wonder what will happen if Greece has to come out of the euro.

Offline Pat&Annette

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:48:12 AM »
Jean,
Agree 100% with your phil(osophy)!
We are again travelling the independent route and always try to eat in a different taverna each day. Last year we only missed out on one Taverna and that will be remedied this July!!
We will have the full list then, but as we all know from our early season Arillas visitors there are one or two changes to investigate!!
Reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy looking forward to 23rd July..
Pat and Annette.

Offline newbies

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:28:58 AM »
Whilst i am all for putting money back into the economy, surely the fact that you return year on year is showing your support for the community, and as for using different taverna's, i will be trying various ones out to start but if we find one with a good level of service or staff that are friendly we would probably favour that one more, if a taverna give a good service should'nt they be rewarded for it with a full house.

We are looking forward to putting money into the economy over the next few weeks, roll on friday.............

pete and naomi

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »
          Spreading the word about Arillas is something we all can do (even though in our hearts we would like to keep it our own secret haven).
          We never pack toothpaste, shampoos etc. but buy them on arrival. Just a drop in the sea, I know, but still... Sun hats, sun dresses, t-shirts, scarves - all can be bought in Arillas. We usually take home a couple of bottles of whisky and ouzo, and buy them in the village instead of from the tax free.
           And we keep coming back, nowadays travelling independently.
Emeralddragons

Booking.com