Author Topic: Air Con  (Read 6395 times)

Offline Rick@Annie

Air Con
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:08:52 PM »
Hi

Can anyone tell me how much Mathraki charge for Air Con?

Cheers

xx

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Air Con
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 03:21:18 PM »
The charge for aircon is 5 euros a night.

Offline Rick@Annie

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »
Thanks, yes we did think it was about that.

xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »
Air Con is a very expensive item to run here which is why the owners charge and we all accept it graciously.

However, and just a thought, wouldn't a fan do the job just as well?
And, with air con, would you get your 5e worth each evening?

I'm not sure if you can still hire fans from the appt owners but, when we stayed at Elena/Stella many moons ago the owner supplied one foc.

Our house at Kavaddades doesn't have air con and we get by with a fan in the kitchen , bedroom and lounge. Only switched on when we need it, and cheaper.

I 'spose I'm a tight 'ole bugger and what I save on air con I spend on Ouzo.
Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »
Hear Hear Eggy. Olga provided a fan for us too at Elena Stella all of September 2008. So long ago....

Yes, you're always tight, Yes you're an ole bugger, and Yes you're often spending it on Ouzo. Join the club my mate, it could have been a definition of me. Have you got a liver? I might need one soon......

See you soon me Ole bugger, soulmate and friend.

Phil

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »
We're in a top room and don't really need it, but we used air con for the first couple of nights just because we could, we are now just relying on good old open the window's and door's when you get in, the room soon cools down. Might be different in high season.

Offline Rick@Annie

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 07:59:31 PM »
Hey thanks for all the comments. We have used a fan in the past but it just blew hot air!!!!  :) We will definately give it some more thought.

xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »
We have used a fan in the past but it just blew hot air!!!!  :) xx

Hmmmm! - Which Arillas fan do I know that does exactly that?

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 11:29:10 PM »
I must admit I can't cope without the A/C at night.  I've always been a fresh air type of person and unfortunately the hmm - heat of the night has got to me recently - must be my age!!

I do think 5 Euros a day is an excellent price, in fact we were quite shocked when told the price at Mathraki last year!  4 years ago, in Rhodes, we were charged 8 Euros per night - and that was only between certain hours.....

Also you have to think about the mosquitoes - I have terrible reactions to bites and shutting the doors at night with the A/C on is the best repellant!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 11:43:59 PM »
Guilty as charged m'lud. I'm good at hot air as everyone knows. Maybe that's why the mozzies never touch me - frightened I might wax lyrical about Arillas and bore them to death.....

Will be boring you and many others in a couple of weeks time.....

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 08:47:21 AM »
Ahh Phil

We shall be jesting/jousting very soon, me-thinks.

Will it be pistols at dawn or hand held battery operated fans, with the safety covers off, in the afternoon.?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not having had a "holiday" now for around 4 years, am I right in saying that more appts now are having mozzie screens fitted?
Our place in Kavadaddes has all windows fitted, with screens, so we are usually mozzie free and with most windows open, generally sit around 22 deg inside.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com