Author Topic: Info about Kaloudis please  (Read 13674 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Info about Kaloudis please
« on: July 17, 2011, 10:32:41 PM »
I'm getting nervous now about my son, daughter in law and two granddaughters going to Arillas for the first time on Aug 8th. I just want them to enjoy Arillas as much as Helen and myself do.

Can I assume that the rooms at Kaloudis have kettles and that the bathroom towels are supplied and changed regularly? I know lots of members have stayed there and I am sure they will reply. Thanks in anticipation.

I have told Izzy and Maddy, today, that lots of nice people go to Arillas and that they will make lots of new friends.

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
Re: Info about Kaloudis please
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:01:56 PM »
terry they will be ok as the kaloudis as bath towels and kettles and towels are changed regularly they will enjoy

yammas  keith and ann

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 11:17:19 PM »
Thanks Keith and Ann.

I went to Kaloudis last week to have a look around and was very impressed with how nice it was and especially how lovely the gardens looked.

I hope you are still Rockin' lots Keith. I was listening to Myles Kennedy coming home from my son's tonight, an amazing singer.

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:36:09 PM »
Terry
How old are your granddaughters? We are going on the 8th as well so hopefully we will meet them. We are staying at the akti this year but will go to the Kaloudis. I think being on roulas side is better. Do you have her fax number? As if you request it she will try her best to accommodate them.
Annie xx

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
Thanks Annie, they are eight and six. I don't have her fax number but I am sure it will be on the internet somewhere, or if you have it could you please send it to me. I hope you have a good time at the Atki and I will send you a photo of them. It would be great if you saw them and said "hello Izzy and Maddy".

Offline philantsue

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »
the kaloudis is a great place to stay....towels  are changed daily but they could do with updating ive never had lovely white fluffy towels yet lol but they do their own laundry so everything is spotless including the decor and beautiful kept gardens....there is a kettle and they do provide a dish cloth and t-towel too, they provide one toilet roll to set you off but after that it is down to yourself to buy your own...saftey deposit boxes are kept in the office but be aware they are not very deep just enough room to store your passports paperwork an monies but anything bulky will not fit in there....the two families that run the complex are fantastic...rula n hubby keeps a well stocked shop with all you will need and the difference in price to the supermarkets in the village is mostly minimal....billy n pipina in the bar are a lovely couple and very friendly but water at the bar is double the price than the shop....the pool at the kaloudis is fabulous for both adults and children and theres always plenty of sunbeds......have a great holiday were not back until september...x

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
We returned from a wonderful stay at Kaloudis. We stayed at Roulas side and onece again had no problems. This year we had a safety deposit box in our room,speak to Roula in the shop 15 euro for 2 weeks approx. Terry i,m quite sure your family will not be disappointed.
Yammas.
Pete.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
Thanks once again for all the replies. Very much appreciated.

Offline philantsue

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 08:51:11 PM »
hi westhampete glad you had a good holiday so you had a saftey deposit box in your room this time well thats just great.... is that something new? or does it depend on what studio/appartment your in? weve always stayed on rula's side but never had saftey deposit box in room before! is it a deeper box or about the same size as id love to bring my video camera but dont wanna carry it around all day every day if you know what i mean.....is anything new happening in Arillas then? i love this forum for information its super

thanks a lot......:-)

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 10:12:47 PM »
Just wanted to confirm what the others have said - we've stayed at Kaloudis 4 times now, twice with Thomson (in Roula's studios) and twice in Roula's private rental apartments (came back on Friday :-(  )  Yes, there are kettles in the rooms and also a small 2 ring hob thing.  Towels are provided and changed about twice a week. The quality varies, some have been soft, others not so but they're clean! One loo roll for starters then you have to buy the rest. We're spoilt in the private rentals with fluffy towels and free loo roll - see Roula in the shop to book! :-] 

We had a safety deposit box in the apartment this year (new) and it was about the size of a deep shoe box. We didn't use it though - just padlock the suitcase and put it under the bed and hope for the best! The cleaners have all been there ever since we first went so I don't think there's any trouble. If you can't find a fax to contact Roula, you can email her son and he passes on the emails. It's worth asking for a studio/apartment in Roula's accomodation as it's a bit quieter than in Billy's, which is near the bar. She has one apartment she uses for Thomson which is in block D, the first block you come to on walking up the road. It's on the ground floor and the remainder of the block has another Thomson studio, plus Roula & Christo's accommodation & the private rentals so it's very quiet

If they tire of the Kaloudis pool or it's too busy, I thoroughly recommend the Marina Pool, opposite the beach. It's clean, decent prices and you get the sea breeze which is very pleasant and the max depth is 5 ft. 

Hope they have a wonderful time, I'm sure they will!

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
I can also thoroughly recommend the Mirage. Good prices,good food and always a warm welcome fro Nikos,Angela and the boys. I am also a big fan of the Malibu although it would be difficult to knock any of the places in Arillas.
I'm sure all will have a good time your fault if you don't really.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »
Topsey

What a really super open report about Kaloudis.

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 06:18:09 PM »
And I can only second it Eggy and Topsey. We nearly always spend days at SplishSplash, and have stayed there too, one October but I can't remember which. Purrrrrfect.

It was special to meet you Topsey, even if only for a few minutes in the street. (Shut up Eggy. I didn't mean you.... special is not a word I use about you, as you know!!!! Topsey Turvey might work!)

Sorry folks. I'm here, happy and heated, and nobody can take it away from me.

Phil

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 08:29:43 PM »
Good to meet you too Phil. Try as we might we didn't spot you again during our time in Arillas - think you must have been holed up somewhere with a Mythos & plate of garlic prawns! :-]

I'm very aware of the mixed reports about Kaloudis and would openly say that, at times, the music is loud and goes on into the night. BUT, that needs to be balanced with the facts that the family are all so helpful and lovely, the accommodation is so clean, the gardens & pool extremely well kept and you can request rooms away from the bar (plus any music isn't ooomcha ooomcha irritating thumping dance music anyway! :-)  )   

We did think it had a different atmosphere this year, more live music, less "entertainment"(no bingo :-( )  and this was due to Billy the Greek not being well, we didn't see him once! (neck problems according to Roula)

We've already reserved our apartment with Roula for next year (she wanted us to stay for a month, but 2 weeks it is!) and have no hesitation in recommending Kaloudis village, through Thomson or independent. If you go armed with the facts you can decide for yourself whether it floats your boat!

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 08:37:30 PM »
Hi Topsey

Your coments about Kaloudis are helpful but when you say you can request to be away from the bar does that apply if you are booked on  a package holiday or only independent? We are not going til next year but have booked a 2 bedroom apartment and wondered if you had any info on them and where they are positioned. Hopefully you can help.

Thanks Ness

Booking.com